SaaS HR Firm Speeds Past 2.5x Sales Pipeline Growth with Callbox
Building on the success of its cloud-based time attendance management solution, the Client recently rolled out a more internationalized version of its flagship product. As of February 2018, the current platform served 9,500 companies with over 600,000 users, mostly located in Japan.
To accelerate its customer acquisition initiatives, the Client sought to expand into several key Southeast Asian countries. The Client’s own research indicated a strong potential for tight product-market fit in the region, placing Southeast Asia as the next major growth driver for the company.
By providing an open API that allowed global customers to integrate any payroll system with the Client’s suite of HR software solutions, the company aimed to bring its product portfolio in front of a broader group of potential customers.
But first, the company needed help with a key part of their customer acquisition strategy: direct outreach. The Client relied both on inbound and outbound marketing channels to capture and convert prospects, but they felt their outbound efforts could use a boost.
Before partnering with Callbox, the Client’s marketing team was generating an average of 6 booked appointments for their sales reps per month. The Client decided to outsource their outbound activities instead of hiring full-time staff to handle prospecting, so that the company could assign their internal people into lead nurturing and lead conversion roles.
- Designed and launched a targeted appointment setting campaign for a cloud-based HR software company
- Helped the Client’s expansion push into Southeast Asian markets
- Contributed 2.5x faster sales pipeline growth
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox has a long track record of planning and managing successful targeted marketing campaigns for B2B SaaS companies in Southeast Asia. That was one of the main reasons why the Client chose Callbox from a shortlist of marketing agencies.
A pilot three-month campaign was first carried out to gauge the program’s impact on the Client’s sales pipeline. With the pilot run’s results exceeding all key targets, the Client gave the go-ahead for a one-year appointment setting program, which is wrapping up its fifth month at time of writing.
Callbox created an integrated appointment setting strategy that combined phone, email, and LinkedIn touch points. The program consists of three main campaign activities:
Identifying and profiling potential customers
- Callbox and the Client worked out the specifics of the target companies and relevant decision makers based on the Client’s ideal customer profile (ICP).
- The Client wanted to target construction, manufacturing, wholesale trade, retail trade, services, and logistics companies in Singapore and Malaysia with at least five employees.
- From the specifications, a list of HR, IT, Finance, and other key managers was prepared and submitted to the Client for approval.
Carrying out multi-touch, multi-channel outreach
- The Callbox team designed and executed an outreach cadence consisting of targeted emails, one-on-one sales conversations, and LinkedIn marketing.
- The touch points were initially set based on the project’s objectives and timeline, and later fine-tuned according to campaign results.
- The overall program was carried out by a dedicated team that had in-depth experience in marketing campaigns for SaaS solutions, with each channel handled by specialists.
Qualifying, following up, and verifying prospects
- Agents engaged the target decision makers through live conversations designed to gauge fit and interest.
- The outreach cadence also included nurture paths for following up prospects and ensuring that all booked meetings took place as scheduled.
- The entire project was managed using Callbox’s marketing tech stack which is powered by Pipeline CRM (Callbox’s proprietary CRM tool).
The program has now completed a three-month pilot run and is now finishing up the fifth month of the main (one-year) phase. The results so far have consistently exceeded the Client’s targets, and the sales appointments Callbox generated have significantly expanded the Client’s pipeline.
The initial three-month test campaign yielded a total of 51 qualified appointments, which was 8.5 times more than what the Client could produce. Meanwhile, the main phase of the program has delivered 65 qualified appointments as of press time.
This means that, throughout the engagement so far, Callbox has managed to hand off an average of 15 qualified appointments per month, which is almost 2.5 times what the Client’s in-house team can generate.
Aside from appointments, the two campaign phases also yielded 161 completed leads, which are prospects that match the target customer profile but require further nurturing by the Client’s in-house team.
Branding Consultancy Grows in SE Asia with New Prospects and Event Attendees
- Launched a Southeast Asia-wide campaign that connected with top-level marketing decision makers
- Handed off 124 warm prospects and 9 qualified appointments
- Registered 36 event attendees; 4x more than targets
In 2013, the Client’s Singapore office signed up for a three-month pilot appointment setting campaign with Callbox. The company wanted to outsource some of their prospecting responsibilities, so that their in-house team could focus on opportunities further downstream.
Right around the same time, the Client was also ramping up its direct marketing activities across Southeast Asia. The company had a number of inbound and outbound marketing initiatives for driving awareness and demand toward its brand management solutions.
One of these was direct outreach activities that targeted various executive and senior-level marketing-related roles at Southeast Asian companies. The main goal of these efforts typically included profiling key accounts and booking introductory meetings for the Client’s consultants.
The Client also hosted live events as part of its customer acquisition strategy. These were usually 1-hour, invitation-only seminars on branding-related topics held at different locations in the region. The target attendees for these in-person events also consisted of senior marketing and sales decision makers.
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox registered 36 event attendees—more than four times than the target.
Going into the appointment setting campaign, the Client’s main metrics included number of qualified appointments and number of hand-raisers (warm prospects). As for the Call-to-Invite campaign, the primary KPI was number of registered attendees.
The campaign generated a total of 9 qualified appointments from the target areas of Indonesia, the Philippines, and Thailand. The campaign also produced a total of 124 warm prospects for the Client.
There were a total of 36 registered attendees handed off in the Call-to-Invite campaign. These included 33 registered attendees for the Client’s Thailand seminars (which was more than four times what the company had targeted for Callbox).
Callbox Boosts Event Turnout for Cloud Provider, Hands Over 1,000+ New Prospects
- Carried out 3 successful event marketing campaigns for the Client
- Generated 353 total registered event attendees
- Added 1,050 new prospects to the Client’s pipeline
As a leading brand in the CRM market, the Client regularly organizes and hosts in-person events throughout different parts of the world. These tradeshows and conferences, including its annual flagship event, typically draw huge numbers of attendees and receive extensive media coverage.
For its Asia-Pacific calendar, the company had a series of live events lined up for 2017. These events—which were scheduled for January, April, and July—would showcase the Client’s insights on how top-performing marketers succeed with customer-centric strategies driven by digital tools.
The Client planned to host each of the events in both Singapore and Hong Kong, targeting CMOs, marketing directors, sales directors, marketing managers, and other persons in charge of marketing and sales at organizations based in the two cities. The three events included separate programs for SMB and mid-market/general business (MMGB) audiences.
The company partnered with Callbox after being introduced by one of Callbox’s long-time clients in the software space. The Client intended to add targeted, one-on-one outreach into the event promotion mix, and wanted to see how Callbox’s Call-to-Invite package would be able to help boost registrations for its January event.
The initial campaign’s results met the company’s expectations, and The Client decided to work with Callbox for the April and July live events.
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
A Call-to-Invite campaign was planned for each of the three events. The three campaigns combined email outreach and live phone conversations to engage attendees and prospects throughout the event cycle.
STEP 1. LAYING DOWN THE GROUNDWORK
Prior to the start of each campaign, callbox closely worked with the Client to thoroughly prepare for the Call-to-Invite activities:
- Hand-picked and briefed the campaign team, which included calling agents and email specialists
- Created the Client’s account on Pipeline, Callbox’s lead management platform, and integrated The Client’s event partner Revolution 360 into the loop
- Developed the campaign collaterals, including email templates and call scripts which were reviewed by the Client
- Compiled the target list based on the Client’s ideal attendee profile (table below shows record counts for all three campaigns)
STEP 2. CONTACTING AND INVITING POTENTIAL ATTENDEES
The pre-event outreach cadence started one month prior to each scheduled conference. The Callbox team segmented potential attendees according to location (Singapore or Hong Kong), business size (SMB or MMGB), and target industry.
- Launched the pre-event cadence with initial email invites
- Followed up the initial emails with phone calls and another batch of targeted email send-outs
- Helped contacts complete the registration process
- Called up registered attendees two days before the event to confirm attendance
STEP 3. FOLLOWING UP AFTER THE EVENT
To maximize conversions, Callbox executed a post-event follow-up cadence after each conference.
- Sent a personalized thank-you email two days after the event
- Contacted attendees in order to screen them as qualified opportunities
- Reengaged registered attendees who were not able to attend as well as reached out to other contacts in the campaign
Going into each campaign, the Client focused on the number of registered attendees as the primary KPI to gauge the Call-to-Invite campaign’s success. The following table summarizes the number of registered attendees from the three campaigns:
In addition, the three campaigns also generated 1,050 new prospects for the Client. This consisted of 394 follow-ups and 656 requests for information.
The Client was very pleased with the results of the three Call-to-Invite campaigns. The first campaign exceeded their expectations that they increased the number of calling seats for the March-April and June-July campaigns. The company has also decided to continue partnering with Callbox for its upcoming Asia-Pacific events.
B2B Events Firm Gets Solid Registrations from Long-Term Partnership with Callbox
- Launched multiple successful campaigns for Asia’s largest B2B events organizer
- Generated 1,207 registered attendees for one of the Client’s trade shows
- Handed off a total of 1,249 warm prospects and 2,771 profiled contacts
Since 2014, one of Singapore’s major professional and industry events organizer has been working with Callbox to help promote several of their B2B events in Asia.
When the Singaporean event company was acquired by the Client in 2016, Callbox remained the organization’s official marketing partner tasked with handling their portfolio of high-profile tradeshows and conferences, including:
EVENT A – An annual event billed as Asia’s largest conference for professionals and businesses in the global telecommunications industry that typically draws more than 40,000 attendees
EVENT B – A biennial trade event for the food and hospitality industry that features exhibitors from 70 countries and attracts more than 47,000 visitors
EVENT C – An annual international event that highlights trends in the professional audio, film, digital media, and broadcasting industries
EVENT D – A leading trade event and conference held every two years that showcases Asia’s oil and gas industry, attended by more than 18,000 visitors
EVENT E – A biennial industry event for Asia’s machine tools, precision engineering, and metalworking sectors that generates more than 12,00 attendees in event turnout
EVENT F – A paid, annual event that focuses on IT security and cyber threats, widely considered as the top InfoSec industry conference in Asia
While each event has its own unique requirements, the key challenge is to connect with the right number and the right kind of attendees to impact event turnout. Also, with so many live projects lined up in its calendar, the CLIENT faces very tight time tables to prepare and generate enough buzz for each event.
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Throughout its four-year partnership with the CLIENT and its Singapore subsidiary, Callbox planned and launched an end-to-end event marketing campaign for each of the live event mentioned earlier. With the exception of the infosec-focused conference, Callbox has ran multiple campaigns for each of these events.
Each campaign centered around using targeted outreach through a mix of different marketing channels (phone, email, and social media) to engage attendees and prospects at key points in the event process.
A. Setting up the campaigns
Before each campaign began, Callbox and point persons from the CLIENT worked out a campaign plan and completed the needed preparations.
- THE CLIENT was assigned a campaign team that handled all aspects of the event marketing activities.
- THE CLIENT reviewed the call scripts, email templates, and other campaign materials prepared by Callbox.
- THE CLIENT also provided the list of target attendees which Callbox would update and profile (the next figures show record counts and target industries for each list):
B. Profiling and screening potential attendees
One month prior to each event, the team started the pre-event outreach activities. Aside from sending out invites, completing registrations, and confirming attendees, the Callbox team also scrubbed and cross-checked the target attendee list.
Since database profiling played a crucial role in each campaign’s success, Callbox devoted a great deal of time and resources to thoroughly validate and enrich each database record through desktop research combined with email and phone verification.
- THE CLIENT wanted the campaigns to focus on driving online pre-registrations and to collect deeper intelligence on each potential attendee.
- For the paid infosec event, Callbox coordinated with reps from the Client’s subsidiary to handle contacts who wanted to find out more about payment details and other information.
- The machine tools/precision engineering campaigns focused exclusively on data profiling.
C. Following up and converting prospects
The post-show re-engagement phase of each campaign was launched two days after the event. This step began with a personalized thank-you email and continued with a series of follow-up phone calls.
- Callbox prioritized registered attendees who came to the shows, and the team also reconnected with other prospects.
- Each contact was thoroughly screened based on the CLIENT’s requirements before hand-off.
- Throughout each campaign, the CLIENT kept track of each prospect’s status through Pipeline CRM.
In all, the campaigns generated the following results in terms of registered attendees and other KPIs:
To date, the CLIENT continues to partner with Callbox for targeted promotion of its in-person events. Callbox will be handling pre-event and post-event outreach for all upcoming conferences and exhibits hosted by the CLIENT in Asia.
B2C FinTech Startup All Set to Grow Active Users for Flagship App
With more FinTech startups joining Southeast Asia’s growing P2P remittance market, players in this space are turning to more proactive customer acquisition strategies to sustain their growth momentum.
Having secured $2.2 million in seed funding and handling more than $1 million in monthly remittance transactions, the Client seeks to expand the number of active users of its flagship app. Currently, the company’s online P2P money transfer platform caters mainly to migrant workers sending money to Southeast Asian countries such as the Philippines and Indonesia.
The company maintains an in-house database of prospects collected through its list-building initiatives and opt-in campaigns. But as the list steadily grew, the company’s sales team has only been able to convert only a small percentage of the prospects into sales opportunities.
The problem came down mainly to reps not being able to promptly follow up on enough leads, leaving a huge number of potential customers practically uncontacted. Plus, many of the prospects that got contacted turned out to be a poor fit with the company’s target customer profile.
It was clear the Client needed more manpower to handle the tasks of initially contacting and screening prospects. Accordingly, the company decided to outsource much of these activities to a third-party provider and let their reps focus on the final steps in the conversion process.
- Launched a successful, long-term pre-qualification and appointment setting project for a SG-based FinTech startup
- Exceeded campaign targets in terms of booked sales appointments and completed leads handed off to the Client
- Enriched and improved the quality of the Client’s marketing database through thorough data profiling
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client chose Callbox because of the latter’s experience in B2C financial services and its track record of implementing integrated phone and email outreach campaigns which closely matched the company’s specific requirements.
A plan was drawn up for a one-month campaign that would run each January or February to coincide with the company’s seasonal sales activity. As of writing, the project has completed two full months and is currently in its third. Each campaign involves three key steps:
Step 1: Profiling the Client’s in-house list
- Callbox’s data research team checked and verified each record in the Client’s prospect list.
- The list was thoroughly scrubbed, then duplicate and incomplete records were appropriately processed.
- The first month’s list was exported into Callbox Pipeline, while the second month’s campaign exclusively used data in the Client’s own CRM.
Step 2: Pre-qualifying each contact
- The team followed an outreach cadence that initiated contact with email touches and then engaged warm prospects through live phone conversations.
- These interactions achieved the two-fold objective of deepening awareness of the Client’s offer and qualifying potential leads for the company’s reps.
- The Client also gave Callbox access to its proprietary creditworthiness calculator to help the team identify which prospects qualified for their cash advance promo.
Step 3: Following up and nurturing leads
- The campaign’s outreach cadence also included a sequence of additional email and phone touches to follow up and keep leads engaged.
- Appointments were confirmed via phone call to ensure leads show up for their meeting with the Client’s reps.
- The added touches also provided the Callbox team with more opportunities to gather crucial marketing intelligence about the prospects.
The project has now wrapped up a total of two campaign months, with the first campaign completed in January of 2017 and the second in February last year. Based on the KPIs specified by the Client at the outset, the project has so far produced very good results: 201 booked appointments and 67 completed leads.
The Callbox team was also able to profile 2,147 records from the Client’s in-house list and maintained response rates of 31% for phone calls and 17% for emails throughout the two campaigns.
The Client continues to partner with Callbox, and the project is about to launch its third full campaign month.
31-Month Campaign Yields New Cleaning Contracts for NY Janitorial Firm
With limited manpower and resources to carry out outbound prospecting activities in-house, the Client hired the services of Callbox in January of 2015. For the next two-and-a-half years, Callbox served as a close extension of the company’s sales team, consistently providing appointments and leads to its reps and marketing staff.
Before working with Callbox, the Client had been following a 3-point messaging approach in all its marketing communications and sales collateral. The Client required all marketing/sales materials to:
- Be precisely tailored for the Client’s target audience
- Be clearly Mapped to the right stage in the company’s sales cycle
- Tie benefits and pain points back to specific business outcomes
The Client was very clear about meeting these standards. This formed the basis for selecting Callbox since the agency was able to demonstrate these qualities through its flexible service proposal and actual track record in deploying successful marketing campaigns for commercial cleaning firms.
In addition to the Client’s messaging requirements, the company also went into the partnership with Callbox expecting to receive at least 15 qualified appointments from the campaign each month.
- Carried out a highly successful 2-and-a-haf-year appointment setting project for a Long Island, NY-based commercial cleaning firm
- Communicated Client’s unique value proposition through campaign materials aligned with the company’s messaging requirements
- Exceeded key campaign benchmarks and minimum requirements set by the Client
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Throughout the whole effort, the campaign plan centered on carrying out multi-touch, multi-channel appointment setting mainly through an outreach cadence of phone and email touch points.
Callbox then helped the Client identify and refine the campaign’s target prospects which consisted of decision makers handling facilities management, operations, and business service procurement.
The target companies included businesses having at least 75 employees, that operated large Buildings like schools, laboratories, manufacturing facilities, medical practices, and large retail establishments located throughout the Long Island, NY area.
The entire project ran for 31 months from January 2015 to July 2017. In terms of the KPIs agreed upon at the campaign’s outset, the whole effort generated the following results:
- 622 total qualified appointments (averaging 20 per month)
- 993 total completed leads (averaging 32 per month)
- 1,047 total net new prospects (averaging 33 per month)
Callbox was able to maintain delivering 17 to 22 qualified appointments each month throughout the project, which meant that the campaign consistently met the Client’s expectations.
Although the Client did not disclose any figures, the company has mentioned that it had already converted “a great deal” of the Callbox-supplied appointments into new customers.
SG Corporate Car Rental Firm Expands in 4-Year Team-Up with Callbox
Singapore is well-known for its high cost of vehicle ownership, making it an ideal market for car rental companies. The Client is one of dozens of rent-a-car providers competing in the lucrative corporate vehicle leasing segment, a sector which is currently undergoing some major developments.
The Client’s service portfolio includes both short-term and long-term car rentals, but with competition heating up in the business travel market for car rentals (especially with the entry of smaller boutique players via Singapore’s real-time online car rental booking platform), the company wanted to refocus its marketing efforts on long-term rental services, where the Client could better differentiate its offerings.
To maximize results for the new marketing initiative, the Client planned to concentrate its in-house resources on inbound activities, while letting a third-party provider handle the bulk of its outbound strategy. The Client expected this approach would allow them to redirect their internal team on more crucial stages of the sales process.
In 2013, the Client partnered with Callbox for a pilot three-month appointment setting program. After this initial campaign, the Client remained with Callbox until mid-2017, helping the company achieve key business milestones throughout the period.
- Completed a long-term multi-channel appointment setting program for a Singapore-based corporate car rental company
- Exceeded campaign benchmarks in terms of qualified appointments and leads completed throughout the 4-year engagement
- Contributed to the Client’s medium-term business goals, including market share expansion and revenue growth
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The campaigns carried out during the four-year partnership revolved around Callbox’s multi-touch, multi-channel approach at appointment setting. This involved contacting and nurturing high-value prospects through a sequence of phone and email touches made at critical times in the outreach cycle.
Each campaign’s main objective was to book phone appointments with qualified prospects on behalf of the Client’s reps, targeting procurement managers and HR managers from corporate offices across Singapore.
The entire project ran for 50 months (from June 2013 to July 2017) and met most of the objectives set by the Client. Going into the project, the company wanted to add 10 sales appointments, 20 leads, and 30 warm contacts per month. Here are the actual results of the whole engagement based on the target KPIs:
- The project booked a total of 782 qualified appointments (averaging 16 per month) for the Client.
- The Callbox team also generated a total of 2,011 verified leads (averaging 40 per month).
- There were also 1,426 contacts (averaging 29 per month) positively contacted and profiled during the course of the project.
Overall, the Client was satisfied with the quantity and (more importantly) quality of the leads and appointments Callbox delivered. While the company gave no specific figures, the Client cited gaining a steady stream of opportunities and conversions as the main reason why it continued to work with Callbox for more than four years.
VoIP Switches to Callbox, Gains High-Value Sales Appointments
Despite having already worked with a number of third party providers for the Client’s lead generation campaigns, finding companies interested in their services for the long term remained an unresolved challenge.
The Client’s previous marketing partners had clear difficulties delivering consistent campaign results, which in turn made it very hard for the Client’s sales reps to meet their numbers.
Most of the leads and appointments from their former partners were a poor fit for the Client’s enterprise VoIP solutions. When those prospects reached the Client’s sales team, reps uncovered that many of them were actually still not in the market for the company’s offerings.
Additionally, the Client also observed that their previous providers were not able to fully capture and communicate the company’s unique value proposition, failing to map out key product benefits with business pain points in campaign materials used in the outreach programs.
With the lessons gained from these earlier campaigns, the Client searched for a reliable marketing agency that can provide them with a full suite of tools and strategies to book sales meetings with interested and qualified prospects.
- Launched a successful appointment setting program that met all key campaign objectives for an US-based VoIP provider
- Leveraged Callbox’s suite of marketing tools to enhance campaign results
- Refined Client’s target prospect profile and narrowed their sales team’s focus toward high-value prospects
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client signed up for a pilot three-month appointment setting campaign with Callbox. Callbox then reviewed the Client’s requirements and objectives in order to formulate a multi-touch, multi-channel campaign plan.
To address the Client’s problem with the quality of sales appointments, the Callbox team carried out their best effort to profile and update each contact information with each call, and took the opportunity to ask prospects probing questions to uncover not just perceived, but actual business needs. These steps were a significant factor in generating high-converting appointments.
Throughout the campaign, the Callbox team extensively used Pipeline CRM (Callbox’s proprietary lead management and marketing automation platform), particularly Lead Nurture Tool, which helped streamline the campaign workflow.
Lead Nurture Tool’s list cleansing feature took care of contact profiling, and it also enabled personalized emails to be sent to prospects in response to predefined triggers. Part of what makes this reliable tool efficient is that, every action taken by prospects like clicking a link on a website or submitting a form is monitored in real-time, allowing the campaign team to respond accordingly.
As is always the case in Callbox campaigns, all call activities were automatically logged in to Pipeline CRM, where the Client can view, process or download reports and campaign statistics.
Callbox Pipeline’s Lead Nurture Tool ensured the call list remained accurate throughout the whole campaign, while the Callbox’s SMART Calling system enabled agents to reach the right prospects at the right time, right when they were most available to talk.
The initial three-month program generated a total of 39 qualified appointments, 41 completed leads, and 78 net new prospects.
While the number of appointments delivered were slightly lower than in the previous campaigns with other providers, this actually reflected an increased emphasis toward high-quality prospects, since the Callbox team implemented a more thorough lead qualification approach aimed at filtering best-fit decision makers rather than stuffing the Client’s funnel with unqualified leads. As a result, the Client renewed the contract for another three months.
AU Janitorial Firm Wins 6 New Clients and $330K in Deals from Campaign
Although Australia’s commercial cleaning sector is projected to grow at a healthy 5.0% each year until 2019, commercial cleaners continue to face fierce competition and strong downward price pressure, leading to falling sales and shrinking profit margins across the industry.
As a result, commercial cleaning providers like the Client now look to include more proactive marketing tactics in their customer acquisition programs. This is especially true for the Client which operates out of Melbourne, one of the areas in the country with the highest numbers of cleaning companies that are all vying for very similar target markets throughout Victoria and Australia.
In fact, the Client had already partnered with Callbox several years ago and completed a successful three-month outbound prospecting campaign that helped significantly expand its sales pipeline. But due to changes in marketing strategies, the Client thereafter prioritized inbound lead generation.
This time, the Client plans to reintroduce outbound prospecting into its marketing mix to supplement its inbound efforts. The company’s current prospecting program generates an average of 20 face-to-face appointments each month, and the Client aims to increase this by at least 25%.
- Launched a very successful campaign that resulted in 6 new customers for a Melbourne, VIC commercial cleaning firm
- Added $330,000 in additional revenues for Client while 3-month campaign was still ongoing
- Increased total number of appointments per month by at least 35%, exceeding Client’s 25% target
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Having already worked with Callbox, the Client chose to let Callbox plan and handle a new appointment setting campaign since Callbox has already demonstrated how it uses its capabilities to deliver solid results.
The Client then signed up for a three-month appointment setting program. The campaign plan included implementing a sales cadence using both email and phone touch points delivered at optimal times for engaging each contact.
The main goal was to book office appointments with qualified prospects for the Client’s reps to conduct a free cleaning estimate.
After three months of appointment setting activities, the campaign wrapped up with a total of 23 qualified appointments handed over to the Client.
Together with the client’s 20-appointment monthly average from inbound channels, the appointments generated in the campaign represent at least a 35% increase in the total number of appointments per month.
An even more important result is that, while the campaign was still ongoing, the Client was able to close six of the delivered appointments as new customers. At an average deal size of $55,000, this works out to $330,000 of additional revenues the Client gained from the campaign.
The Client was very pleased with the results that they’ve recently renewed the contract for a new three-month campaign.
L.A. Physician Streamlines Back Office Ops in Ongoing 11-Year Partnership with Callbox
The Client has been working with a virtual assistant (VA) from Callbox since 2007. The VA handles a number of back office and administrative responsibilities, including various data processing, bookkeeping, and other office support tasks.
A key hurdle that the Client faced early in the outsourced program was to ensure seamless integration of the remote workload into the practice’s internal processes. This was particularly crucial since the Client’s office had been using a diverse set of tools to carry out many of the admin activities in-house prior to partnering with Callbox.
Another critical challenge that occasionally surfaced throughout the 11-year partnership was the need to quickly modify the outsourced workflow in response to the Client’s changing requirements. For example, when the Client’s affiliate health center began expanding its patient base, some key steps in the internal processes had to be significantly readapted.
Since the Client’s schedule changes from time to time, the Client also expects a high level of flexibility and availability from the remote assistant.
• Assigned a dedicated virtual assistant to handle back office and admin tasks for a Los Angeles-based medical practice
• Ensured high degree of fit in terms of relevant skills, proficiency in medical back office tools, and continuous availability
• Contributed to process improvement and quality of patient care throughout the ongoing long-term outsourcing partnership
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
From a pool of candidates who had extensive background in medical administrative and support roles, Callbox provided the Client a virtual assistant with a high level of proficiency in many of the back office tools that the Client was using. Some of the tools included:
- Yahoo Business Email/Yahoo Calendar
- Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- RingCentral (phone, messaging, and video conferencing)
- Password Managers
Selecting the assistant based on relevant experience significantly shortened the learning curve and enabled smooth deployment. Callbox also provided ample opportunities and incentives for continuous improvement. This helped the designated virtual assistant continually increase efficiency and productivity across multiple tasks, such as:
- Recording transactions on QuickBooks
- Submission of credentialing applicationfor Medicare, Medi-Cal and other insurance provider
- Managing the practice’s disbursements and payables
- Processing the practice’s licenses, permits, and other requirements
- Updating and processing CRM records
- Carrying out specialized desk research
- Handling email communications
- Providing phone support
- Creating and posting online ads
Callbox also arranged holiday and sick cover for the assigned virtual assistant to minimize disruptions and ensure availability.
The Client mentions that Callbox’s virtual assistant has helped streamline and improve the practice’s operations.
Not only has the outsourced assistant made the Client’s back office processes more efficient and helped the practice cut costs, but the outsourced arrangement also frees up time and resources which allows the Client to devote more attention to patient care. This is the main reason why the Client continues to choose Callbox as an outsourcing partner.