Callbox Boosts Event Turnout for Cloud Provider, Hands Over 1,000+ New Prospects
- Carried out 3 successful event marketing campaigns for the Client
- Generated 353 total registered event attendees
- Added 1,050 new prospects to the Client’s pipeline
As a leading brand in the CRM market, the Client regularly organizes and hosts in-person events throughout different parts of the world. These tradeshows and conferences, including its annual flagship event, typically draw huge numbers of attendees and receive extensive media coverage.
For its Asia-Pacific calendar, the company had a series of live events lined up for 2017. These events—which were scheduled for January, April, and July—would showcase the Client’s insights on how top-performing marketers succeed with customer-centric strategies driven by digital tools.
The Client planned to host each of the events in both Singapore and Hong Kong, targeting CMOs, marketing directors, sales directors, marketing managers, and other persons in charge of marketing and sales at organizations based in the two cities. The three events included separate programs for SMB and mid-market/general business (MMGB) audiences.
The company partnered with Callbox after being introduced by one of Callbox’s long-time clients in the software space. The Client intended to add targeted, one-on-one outreach into the event promotion mix, and wanted to see how Callbox’s Call-to-Invite package would be able to help boost registrations for its January event.
The initial campaign’s results met the company’s expectations, and The Client decided to work with Callbox for the April and July live events.
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
A Call-to-Invite campaign was planned for each of the three events. The three campaigns combined email outreach and live phone conversations to engage attendees and prospects throughout the event cycle.
STEP 1. LAYING DOWN THE GROUNDWORK
Prior to the start of each campaign, callbox closely worked with the Client to thoroughly prepare for the Call-to-Invite activities:
- Hand-picked and briefed the campaign team, which included calling agents and email specialists
- Created the Client’s account on Pipeline, Callbox’s lead management platform, and integrated The Client’s event partner Revolution 360 into the loop
- Developed the campaign collaterals, including email templates and call scripts which were reviewed by the Client
- Compiled the target list based on the Client’s ideal attendee profile (table below shows record counts for all three campaigns)
STEP 2. CONTACTING AND INVITING POTENTIAL ATTENDEES
The pre-event outreach cadence started one month prior to each scheduled conference. The Callbox team segmented potential attendees according to location (Singapore or Hong Kong), business size (SMB or MMGB), and target industry.
- Launched the pre-event cadence with initial email invites
- Followed up the initial emails with phone calls and another batch of targeted email send-outs
- Helped contacts complete the registration process
- Called up registered attendees two days before the event to confirm attendance
STEP 3. FOLLOWING UP AFTER THE EVENT
To maximize conversions, Callbox executed a post-event follow-up cadence after each conference.
- Sent a personalized thank-you email two days after the event
- Contacted attendees in order to screen them as qualified opportunities
- Reengaged registered attendees who were not able to attend as well as reached out to other contacts in the campaign
Going into each campaign, the Client focused on the number of registered attendees as the primary KPI to gauge the Call-to-Invite campaign’s success. The following table summarizes the number of registered attendees from the three campaigns:
In addition, the three campaigns also generated 1,050 new prospects for the Client. This consisted of 394 follow-ups and 656 requests for information.
The Client was very pleased with the results of the three Call-to-Invite campaigns. The first campaign exceeded their expectations that they increased the number of calling seats for the March-April and June-July campaigns. The company has also decided to continue partnering with Callbox for its upcoming Asia-Pacific events.
B2B Events Firm Gets Solid Registrations from Long-Term Partnership with Callbox
- Launched multiple successful campaigns for Asia’s largest B2B events organizer
- Generated 1,207 registered attendees for one of the Client’s trade shows
- Handed off a total of 1,249 warm prospects and 2,771 profiled contacts
Since 2014, one of Singapore’s major professional and industry events organizer has been working with Callbox to help promote several of their B2B events in Asia.
When the Singaporean event company was acquired by the Client in 2016, Callbox remained the organization’s official marketing partner tasked with handling their portfolio of high-profile tradeshows and conferences, including:
EVENT A – An annual event billed as Asia’s largest conference for professionals and businesses in the global telecommunications industry that typically draws more than 40,000 attendees
EVENT B – A biennial trade event for the food and hospitality industry that features exhibitors from 70 countries and attracts more than 47,000 visitors
EVENT C – An annual international event that highlights trends in the professional audio, film, digital media, and broadcasting industries
EVENT D – A leading trade event and conference held every two years that showcases Asia’s oil and gas industry, attended by more than 18,000 visitors
EVENT E – A biennial industry event for Asia’s machine tools, precision engineering, and metalworking sectors that generates more than 12,00 attendees in event turnout
EVENT F – A paid, annual event that focuses on IT security and cyber threats, widely considered as the top InfoSec industry conference in Asia
While each event has its own unique requirements, the key challenge is to connect with the right number and the right kind of attendees to impact event turnout. Also, with so many live projects lined up in its calendar, the CLIENT faces very tight time tables to prepare and generate enough buzz for each event.
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Throughout its four-year partnership with the CLIENT and its Singapore subsidiary, Callbox planned and launched an end-to-end event marketing campaign for each of the live event mentioned earlier. With the exception of the infosec-focused conference, Callbox has ran multiple campaigns for each of these events.
Each campaign centered around using targeted outreach through a mix of different marketing channels (phone, email, and social media) to engage attendees and prospects at key points in the event process.
A. Setting up the campaigns
Before each campaign began, Callbox and point persons from the CLIENT worked out a campaign plan and completed the needed preparations.
- THE CLIENT was assigned a campaign team that handled all aspects of the event marketing activities.
- THE CLIENT reviewed the call scripts, email templates, and other campaign materials prepared by Callbox.
- THE CLIENT also provided the list of target attendees which Callbox would update and profile (the next figures show record counts and target industries for each list):
B. Profiling and screening potential attendees
One month prior to each event, the team started the pre-event outreach activities. Aside from sending out invites, completing registrations, and confirming attendees, the Callbox team also scrubbed and cross-checked the target attendee list.
Since database profiling played a crucial role in each campaign’s success, Callbox devoted a great deal of time and resources to thoroughly validate and enrich each database record through desktop research combined with email and phone verification.
- THE CLIENT wanted the campaigns to focus on driving online pre-registrations and to collect deeper intelligence on each potential attendee.
- For the paid infosec event, Callbox coordinated with reps from the Client’s subsidiary to handle contacts who wanted to find out more about payment details and other information.
- The machine tools/precision engineering campaigns focused exclusively on data profiling.
C. Following up and converting prospects
The post-show re-engagement phase of each campaign was launched two days after the event. This step began with a personalized thank-you email and continued with a series of follow-up phone calls.
- Callbox prioritized registered attendees who came to the shows, and the team also reconnected with other prospects.
- Each contact was thoroughly screened based on the CLIENT’s requirements before hand-off.
- Throughout each campaign, the CLIENT kept track of each prospect’s status through Pipeline CRM.
In all, the campaigns generated the following results in terms of registered attendees and other KPIs:
To date, the CLIENT continues to partner with Callbox for targeted promotion of its in-person events. Callbox will be handling pre-event and post-event outreach for all upcoming conferences and exhibits hosted by the CLIENT in Asia.
B2C FinTech Startup All Set to Grow Active Users for Flagship App
With more FinTech startups joining Southeast Asia’s growing P2P remittance market, players in this space are turning to more proactive customer acquisition strategies to sustain their growth momentum.
Having secured $2.2 million in seed funding and handling more than $1 million in monthly remittance transactions, the Client seeks to expand the number of active users of its flagship app. Currently, the company’s online P2P money transfer platform caters mainly to migrant workers sending money to Southeast Asian countries such as the Philippines and Indonesia.
The company maintains an in-house database of prospects collected through its list-building initiatives and opt-in campaigns. But as the list steadily grew, the company’s sales team has only been able to convert only a small percentage of the prospects into sales opportunities.
The problem came down mainly to reps not being able to promptly follow up on enough leads, leaving a huge number of potential customers practically uncontacted. Plus, many of the prospects that got contacted turned out to be a poor fit with the company’s target customer profile.
It was clear the Client needed more manpower to handle the tasks of initially contacting and screening prospects. Accordingly, the company decided to outsource much of these activities to a third-party provider and let their reps focus on the final steps in the conversion process.
- Launched a successful, long-term pre-qualification and appointment setting project for a SG-based FinTech startup
- Exceeded campaign targets in terms of booked sales appointments and completed leads handed off to the Client
- Enriched and improved the quality of the Client’s marketing database through thorough data profiling
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client chose Callbox because of the latter’s experience in B2C financial services and its track record of implementing integrated phone and email outreach campaigns which closely matched the company’s specific requirements.
A plan was drawn up for a one-month campaign that would run each January or February to coincide with the company’s seasonal sales activity. As of writing, the project has completed two full months and is currently in its third. Each campaign involves three key steps:
Step 1: Profiling the Client’s in-house list
- Callbox’s data research team checked and verified each record in the Client’s prospect list.
- The list was thoroughly scrubbed, then duplicate and incomplete records were appropriately processed.
- The first month’s list was exported into Callbox Pipeline, while the second month’s campaign exclusively used data in the Client’s own CRM.
Step 2: Pre-qualifying each contact
- The team followed an outreach cadence that initiated contact with email touches and then engaged warm prospects through live phone conversations.
- These interactions achieved the two-fold objective of deepening awareness of the Client’s offer and qualifying potential leads for the company’s reps.
- The Client also gave Callbox access to its proprietary creditworthiness calculator to help the team identify which prospects qualified for their cash advance promo.
Step 3: Following up and nurturing leads
- The campaign’s outreach cadence also included a sequence of additional email and phone touches to follow up and keep leads engaged.
- Appointments were confirmed via phone call to ensure leads show up for their meeting with the Client’s reps.
- The added touches also provided the Callbox team with more opportunities to gather crucial marketing intelligence about the prospects.
The project has now wrapped up a total of two campaign months, with the first campaign completed in January of 2017 and the second in February last year. Based on the KPIs specified by the Client at the outset, the project has so far produced very good results: 201 booked appointments and 67 completed leads.
The Callbox team was also able to profile 2,147 records from the Client’s in-house list and maintained response rates of 31% for phone calls and 17% for emails throughout the two campaigns.
The Client continues to partner with Callbox, and the project is about to launch its third full campaign month.