There’s no escaping the fact that many B2B buyers use social media in order to support their purchasing choices. This means that using social media properly can be a huge opportunity if you’re to influence B2B buyers and increase your revenues. But what do we mean by using social media properly? It’s all about SEO. It can be a huge help when it comes to influencing B2B buyers through social media, and this guide is going to highlight some of the best ways you can push your business ahead of the competition through the power of SEO.
Link building is one of those SEO practices that has changed over the years through Google’s algorithm updates. It’s no longer about link quantity, but link quality instead. Today, link building is nowhere near as effective on its own, especially when compared to incorporating social media efforts with it. If used correctly, social media can get your website high-quality links which is exactly what you’re looking for if you want to increase traffic. Here’s a couple of things you can do to incorporate link building into your social media strategy.
- Entertaining content – by making your content shareable you’ll ensure you get some free traffic and links back to your website. We’ll cover just why good content is important in more detail later on.
- Add social media buttons – the easier it is to share your content – the more it will be shared. This is especially true for videos and images, but for written content as well.
- Analyze your social media activity – Adjusting your content and updates to match your target audience is really important, and you can only do this if you regularly analyze the data from your social accounts.
There’s bad content, thin content, decent content, and good content. And then there’s killer content. If you want everybody in your niche talking and sharing your content, you have to invest a lot of effort and research to create it. Again, it’s all about quality over quantity. It’s important to talk about common issues that are currently trending in your industry and offer a new perspective. Keywords should always be used, but in such a way that they are incorporated naturally into the text, if it’s an article. If it’s a video, be sure to use keywords in the titles and descriptions. And then you just need to get it started by sharing it and getting other social media influencers to share it as well.
Might as well check these helpful guides:
- Stick to these Three S’s for Creating Viral Video Content
- 12 Tools to Hack Your Content Creation Workflow [Plus Free Content Calendar]
- How to Reach Influencers and Grow Your Content Audience [VIDEO]
Start Using Niche Relevant Hashtags
Finding the right hashtags for your business is vital when it comes to social engagement. What you want to do is build a relationship with your potential B2B buyers, one that will most likely lead to business transactions. Niche relevant hashtags will make it possible for you to find where your target audience hangs out, and make everything from there easier for you. There are a couple of steps you can do if you’re brand new to the niche.
- Influencer hashtags – You may not know at this point any hashtags you might use, but you most likely know some influencers. Use a tool like Twitonomy to get an analysis of the hashtags they are using.
- Related hashtags – Now that you’ve found some starter hashtags, you can use a Display Purposes tool to help you find related hashtags.
- Choose the best hashtag – At this point with a bunch of hashtags collected, you can use Rite Tag tool to tell you which one of those will work the best.
Optimize Content for Social Media Searches
Google isn’t the only search engine out there. In fact, social media searches are getting more and more popular for people who are trying to find what they’re looking for. Youtube has an insane amount of searches on daily basis, and so do Twitter and Facebook. SEO services aren’t reserved for search engines, but they can also be used for social media as well. This is why you need to make sure your social media content is SEO optimized, that you’re using the right hashtags, as well as optimized images and videos on your channels.
Get More Shares
Like we already mentioned, social media shares are filling the same purpose for your social media account as the backlinks are for your website. This is why getting niche-important people to share your content is a great way to influence B2B buyers on social media. Shares will make you more visible and visibility means better reputation. No one likes to buy from someone they never even heard of, let alone if they can’t find anything about them. By having people talk about your business you’ll ensure increased ROI and better brand awareness. This is why you need to be as active as possible on your social sharing sites, like Instagram, Linkedin, or Twitter.
People Love Images over Text
When someone opens a social media account and sees a huge wall of text they’ll most likely shut it down if they don’t like the headline. Sure, a killer headline is a good way to have someone actually read your post, but having an image will make it so much easier to read the text. People love images, in fact, they love them so much that Instagram today has more users than Twitter. I can’t begin to explain how important images are for social media. If you don’t believe me, take a look at how Facebook developed over the years. In pictures, of course.
Social media today is a force to be reckoned with, and you can either use it to your advantage, or you can stay invisible and never reach the top-dog position in your industry. It can help you drive traffic to your website, or boost your brand awareness, all while being very cheap and easy to do. By using the same SEO practices you normally use for your website, you can quickly get people to talk about your business, which will have a direct influence on your business arrangements and your ROI.