Every business, especially those in the financial industry, faces tough challenges every day. One of those challenges is staying competitive with companies, increasing revenue, adapting to changing markets, and meeting customer demands that keep shifting.
It’s not easy.
One of their biggest problems is finding more customers, expanding into new areas, and selling their services efficiently. These problems might seem overwhelming, but there’s a solution: sales outsourcing.
What is Sales Outsourcing?
Well, for starters, sales outsourcing is when you delegate some or all of your sales tasks to a third-party provider. This can include everything from lead generation to customer qualification to closing deals.
If we talk about its history, ‘outsourcing’ was officially perceived as a business strategy in the 1980s, but its history goes back further than we may think to the 1950s.
Ever since people have been performing tasks for employers, some duties have most likely been performed off-site. When an in-house staff member didn’t possess the necessary expertise to perform a certain task at work, the task was delegated to someone else—a third-party service provider—who knew how to do it.
Why is sales outsourcing important for financial firms?
When it comes to financial services, B2B financial firms are in a constant battle to win and retain clients. As I’ve mentioned above, outsourcing is the use of third-party parties or partners to deliver services and perform the tasks that are usually performed in-house. These third parties may either be located locally or offshore as well.
Since the market is increasingly becoming more and more competitive, many financial institutions are partnering up with sales outsourcing providers so they can take advantage of low-cost yet high-quality services. In fact, 70% of the investment banks are outsourcing atleast one of their financial service and continue planning to offshore more highly complex responsibilities.
Now, to keep your business growing, you need more and more clients. You want more businesses to choose your services over others. This is where sales come into play. Sales is like convincing these other businesses that your financial services are the best choice for them.
So, here’s the reason why sales outsourcing is crucial for your financial firm:
#1 Focus on what you’re best at:
You’re really good at managing money, but you might not be experts in selling. Sales outsourcing you focus on what you’re best at – providing top-notch financial services – while letting sales outsourcing companies who are experts in selling handle that part.
#2 Cost Savings:
Hiring and training your own sales team can be expensive and sales outsourcing can help you save money because you don’t have to deal with these costs. You can simply pay for the b2b sales outsourcing you need when you need it.
#3 Being flexible:
Your need for sales help may change over time. Sometimes, you might need more sales assistance, and other times, you might need less. With sales outsourcing, you can easily adjust the level of help you get without the hassle of hiring or firing employees.
In simple terms, sales outsourcing is like having a team of sales experts who work for you but are not part of your company. They help you get more clients so that you can focus on doing what you do best – managing money for other businesses. It’s a smart way to grow your financial firm and keep it competitive.
Benefits of sales outsourcing for financial firms
Sales outsourcing brings several benefits for B2B financial firms:
- Broaden Your Reach: When you outsource sales, it means you’re getting help from experts who are really good at finding and talking to potential clients. This helps you talk to more people who might be interested in what your financial firm offers. Imagine it’s like having extra hands to reach out to more potential customers and convince them to become your clients.
- Explore New Markets: Sales outsourcing can help you sell your financial services to new places or different kinds of businesses. It’s like opening up your business to new neighborhoods or markets where you haven’t sold before. So, you can think of it as a way to expand and offer your services to more people and businesses.
- Access Expertise: When you outsource, you’re getting help from people who really know how to sell things. They have special skills and knowledge in selling, especially in the financial industry. So, it’s like having a team of sales experts who can make your sales plans work better. Moreover, they can help you figure out the best ways to convince more people to become your customers.
- Save Money: Outsourcing is usually cheaper than having your own team of salespeople. When you have your own team, you need to pay their salaries, provide training, and handle other expenses. With outsourcing, you’re sharing those costs with another company or experts. So, you can think of it as a way to save money and still get great sales results.
- Boost Efficiency: Outsourcing experts often have smarter and quicker ways of doing things. They use tools and techniques that can make your sales process work faster and smoother. It’s like having access to the latest technology and strategies to get more sales done efficiently.
In simple terms, sales outsourcing is like having a team of skilled sales experts who help you talk to more potential customers, expand to new markets, make your sales plans better, save money, and work faster and smarter. It’s a way for B2B financial firms to grow their business and increase their profits with the help of experienced professionals.
How Sales Outsourcing Can Help Financial Firms Generate Revenue?
Sales outsourcing allows you to take advantage of untapped opportunities by boosting the number of additional salespeople through outsourcing.
Outsourcing, from a sales perspective, can help you target new or underserved markets as well as support new product/service rollouts, and provide expertise within a specific industry focus.
The main ways sales outsourcing can help financial firms are:
Supplying Sales Reps with High-quality Leads
Although you want to gain a larger amount of leads, you also want to make sure that they’re all high-quality leads as well. Outsourced sales services provide you with sales reps that help you grow your number of leads while also providing you with high-quality and sales-ready leads.
Resources and materials are arsenals that are essential to your sales rep as they will make selling your services/products easier. If you have the budget to make a sales video, then we highly recommend that you do. Modern buyers appreciate audiovisual content that is short yet concise. Other printed materials such as sales documents, brochures, company one-pagers, business cards, and most importantly client testimonials are a great booster to your pool of materials.
Arm Sales Reps With The Right Tools To Sell Faster
The only way your sales reps will be able to sell faster and more efficiently is when you empower them with the right tools. The first and most obvious choice of tool is, of course, a good CRM software.
There are many other tools that can help your sales rep team. Here are some that we found are the most effective ones:
- Analytics Tool
- Content Sharing and Management
- Email Management Tools
- Sales Engagement Tools
- Sales and Market Intelligence
Examples Of How Financial Firms Are Using Sales Outsourcing To Generate Revenue
Case study 1: Financial firm uses sales outsourcing to increase sales
The Client tried to enhance in-house strategies by adding more staff, hoping to engage more target prospects and generate new potential customers, but such a move did not draw good results.
In this Case Study, the Client aimed to launch an awareness campaign to a larger pool of audience by adding more industries to their targets in the US and Canada.
The partner program is also geared towards filling the gaps – areas of the business that require further support or/and need to cope with such as sales and marketing.
Best Practices For Sales Outsourcing In Financial Firms
Sales outsourcing can be a valuable tool for financial firms of all sizes. By delegating some or all of your sales tasks to a third-party provider, you can free up your internal team to focus on core business functions, reduce costs, and improve efficiency. However, it is important to choose a sales outsourcing partner carefully and to implement best practices to ensure success.
Here are some best practices for sales outsourcing in financial firms:
- Set clear goals and objectives. What do you want to achieve with sales outsourcing? Do you want to increase sales, expand into new markets, or improve customer service? Once you know your goals, you can choose a partner who has the expertise and experience to help you achieve them.
- Choose a partner with experience in the financial industry. Sales outsourcing partners who have experience in the financial industry will have a better understanding of the regulatory landscape and the specific needs of your clients.
- Make sure the partner offers the specific services you need. Do you need help with lead generation, customer qualification, closing deals, or all three? Choose a partner that offers the services you need to achieve your goals.
- Get references and check reviews. Before you sign a contract with a sales outsourcing partner, be sure to get references from other clients and check online reviews. This will help you to choose a reputable partner with a proven track record of success.
- Provide your partner with the resources they need to be successful. This includes giving them access to your CRM system, product information, and sales training materials. The more information and resources you provide, the better equipped your partner will be to sell your products or services.
- Monitor and track results. It is important to monitor and track the results of your sales outsourcing efforts so that you can make adjustments as needed. Set up regular meetings with your partner to review metrics such as leads generated, sales qualified leads, and closed deals.
Since outsourcing has been around for decades already and has proven to be highly efficient and effective. It’s no surprise that more and more businesses are incorporating it into their sales and marketing strategies. We hope that this has given you a better insight as to what sales outsourcing can do for your financial business and how you can effectively adopt it as well.