ABM-Focused Campaigns Double Sales Opportunities for Managed Cloud Firm
The Client is an Austin, TX-based company that provides managed cloud solutions tailored for the security, middleware, and database needs of enterprise customers. The Client primarily targets organizations operating in industries with complex regulatory and compliance requirements.
The Client, an Austin, TX-based managed cloud services provider with Fortune Global 500 customers in a number of countries worldwide, wanted to expand its market presence much closer to home with an intensified push for increased market share in over a dozen U.S. states.
With the help of its newly launched ABM program, the company has already made some progress toward this planned expansion. Their ABM effort has so far added 97 candidate strategic accounts into their pipeline after a full year of implementation.
The Client, however, understood they needed to scale this up in order to make their funnel numbers work. They aimed to apply a tiered approach at selecting accounts during the program’s second year.
Under their tier-based ABM strategy, the company segments accounts into two main tiers according to how potential companies match the target customer profile:
- Tier 1 Accounts: Best-fit companies requiring hyper-targeted, market-of-one engagement
- Tier 2 Accounts: The rest of their target accounts that still require targeted and personalized messaging but not a market-of-one approach; consists of two further sub-segments based on industry group
In order for their internal team to exclusively focus their time and resources on selling to Tier 1 accounts, the Client planned to let a B2B marketing service provider handle the top-of-funnel activities for the Tier 2 segment.
- Increase the quantity and quality of target accounts in all Tier 2 sub-segments
- Navigate each target account’s org chart to identify all relevant decision makers
- Initiate contact and set the stage for the Client’s reps to convert and close promising prospects