What makes a movie script get spotlighted as best screenplay by award-giving bodies?
A script that presents a story that can move an audience to a certain emotional aspect, with scenes and characters that stimulate imagination, which translate into verbal or gestured reaction.
That’s how a Cold Calling Script should be.
When writing a campaign script, one has to take note of the campaign’s main objective. Whether you are to gather factual information for a lead generation campaign, to book a prospect for an appointment setting campaign, or register attendees for an upcoming event, your script must contain keywords and substantial ideas that would stir up the prospect’s interest, otherwise you’ll be putting all call efforts into waste.
Get your FREE ABM Telemarketing Scripts for Cold-calling Key Prospects.
Use words and phrases that will empower your script upon the prospect with trust and confidence:
- Power words to express courtesy like “Please”, “Thank you”, “That’s good to know”
- Terms from which industry your service/product belongs. If you are calling on behalf of a financial institution, choose words that are familiar to the prospect like loans, security & interest rate, annual turnover, etc.
- Assuring words or phrases like”sure”, “no worries”, “you are right”, can boost the prospect’s morale and would feel that his opinions and ideas are accepted.
Increase sales effectiveness and generate warm and qualified sales leads with B2B Telemarketing Services.
Meaty and persuasive. Your script must contain all the important information regarding your offering and how beneficial it would be for the prospect.
- The branding carries your company’s identity which is your ticket to ride through the call
- The purpose of the call is the key to grab the prospect’s attention. “I’m calling about a new software that could lessen manpower but multiply production at a lower cost” – position a benefit so that you could get hold of the prospect’s interest to discuss further.
- Be keen to mention exact and correct details like a person’s name, company names and addresses, email information, phone numbers, rates and figures, date and time, product and service.
Campaign scripts differ.
Each campaign script is written based on the campaign type and its objective. The basic components may differ in formats depending on the person you speak with and campaign type.
Script Formats According to Person You Speak
- With the Gatekeeper/Operator
- With the Prospect/Decision Maker
Format #1: For The Gatekeeper/Operator
- contact information gathering
Format #2: For the Prospect/Decision Maker
- purpose of the call
- qualifying/probing questions
- setting up of appointment/meeting
- contact information gathering
Script Formats According to Campaign Type
Scripts are customized depending on the campaign’s requirement or need and the essential components may vary or interchange in the order, for each campaign type. Below are sample telemarketing scripts from different types of campaign:
Lead Generation Campaign
A simple lead generation campaign may require just a few important information from the prospect and often would not have probing questions in terms of budget and need. Most of this type is purposed to send whitepaper, conduct a survey, or profile contacts.
Appointment Setting Campaign
An appointment setting campaign’s objective is to activate the prospect’s interest to know more about the product or service, and agree for an office or phone meeting for a more detailed discussion. Criteria is set to qualify the prospect’s interest by asking probing questions.
This type of campaign script contain assumptive clauses with possible rebuttals.
Budget, need and timeframe are most common qualifiers.
Connect with your potential customers. Learn how Callbox Multi-Channel Marketing Strategy can be of help.
A call-to-Invite campaign script aims to gather attendees for an event. Event details, registration links and process are emphasized in the script. Get to know more about our events telemarketing services.
A campaign script serves as a guideline in order for the agent to deliver the spiel smoothly and confidently. It may be most of the time very technical, but telemarketers have to be innovative and creative in delivering the details based on the script, to keep a professionally trusting composure.
Take Away: A cold-calling script must clearly and effectively describe who you are, your company, the product you offer and how it will benefit the prospect and his business. Keywords and ideas should be highlighted, that would leave the essentials in the prospect’s subconscious, translating their desire and interest into verbal or gestured reaction.
That’s how a cold-calling script gets spotlighted.
Get our FREE sample telemarketing scripts for All Industry types. This includes scripts for appointment setting, event telemarketing, and data profiling:
- Sample Telemarketing Scripts for SOFTWARE
- Sample Telemarketing Scripts for MEDICAL
- Sample Telemarketing Scripts for ADVERTISING
- Sample Telemarketing Scripts for INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Sample Telemarketing Scripts for FINANCIAL SERVICES
- Sample Telemarketing Scripts for BUSINESS CONSULTING
A WINNING SCRIPT and S.M.A.R.T Calling strategy is surely the BEST combo!
Get more qualified sales leads today! Dial 888.810.7464
This eBook walks you through some key questions and tips to help you get started on using a predictive lead scoring system for ranking and classifying leads. Grab a copy here!