By using sophisticated market targeting and tailoring calls to specific prospects, B2B telemarketing companies can increase the chances of any business to increase their sales. You can measure the depth of a telemarketing firm by being prolific data analysts and effective niche marketers at the same time. As it has been pointed out many times, the process doesn’t just involve generating leads – it’s about getting it from people who matter.
The problem is that telemarketing has been a victim of its own success: the success of telemarketing in the past has attracted more competition. Now everybody wants to do telemarketing. While all that is happening, the target markets have been improving in terms of their ability to screen calls, provided by technology that surrounds them.
So the need for targeted marketing is stronger than ever. And marketers can do that by perfecting the following tactics:
- Fresh arrivals. Shifting the efforts towards lists of new contacts in an area has two advantages. First, it can grab hold of new numbers before some other company provokes them to be registered on do-not-call lists, and second, it could help focus on an audience that is often in the market for new goods and services.
- Upgrades and Cross-Selling. The more names that do-not-call lists eliminate, the more valuable existing business relationships that are eligible for telemarketing calls become. Companies should look for ways to broaden those existing relationship.
- Tailor-fitting calls based on personas. When a sales pitch is customized to cater a specific audience, it becomes unique and it stands out from the crowd. To achieve this, though, a more effective segmentation system should be in place. Knowing exactly what type of prospect you’re talking to is huge help in making adjustments to spiels and responses.
- Affinity telemarketing. Marketers can build lists based on specific interests, using techniques such as running drawings and other contests at particular events. This is to put all the interested parties in one place and for marketers to obtain opt-in opportunities for telemarketing calls and identify target attributes for a more accurate targeting.
- Data expansion. A campaign should include efforts to broaden the information stored in the pipeline to include things like e-mail addresses and other pertinent data. This allows for multi-faceted approaches and also preserves a means of contact should a given number be eliminated from a list of eligible call numbers.