The Client is a software consulting firm based in Irvine, CA, specializing in the Sage Software family of products like Sage MAS 90 and 200, Sage BusinessWorks, Sage CRM, and JobOps management software. They help businesses increase productivity and profitability through integrated accounting, distribution, and management applications, with reporting tools that allow users to quickly and easily extract, analyze and professionally present business information.
The Client’s suite of services include software selection, system design and implementation, user training and support, data conversion, and eCommerce/EDI/CRM consulting. With the goal of becoming the most trusted name in the network technology and business management industry.
But, considering the tough competition in the software industry, the Client had to double its effort in carrying out prospecting activities to be able to get ahead in the track. The traditional in-house tools it has been using for years, have become quite ineffective in meeting customers’ demands these days. A better marketing strategy must be put in place to help them achieve their goals.
The Callbox Solution
The Client turned to Callbox to rev up their sales efforts.
Callbox initially carried out an invitational campaign in Aug. 2005, calling prospects and inviting them to attend meetings and/or seminars conducted by the Client. A series of lead generation and appointment setting campaigns followed, spread out over a year, alternately conducted on a per-lead or per-seat arrangement. Since the start of the campaign, the call quota of Callbox agents rose from 100 to 160 calls per day, targeting 20 leads per month as required by the Client.
- Account-Based Multi-Channel Lead Management which included Voice, Email, Web, Chat, and Social Media
- Sales Enablement & Support that provided Staff Training, Account Setup, and Back Office Sales Support.
- Tools & Subscriptions to the Callbox Pipeline and HubSpot CRM.
- Account Management with Strategy Building, Reporting, and Product Knowledge.
- The Callbox team was to make initial contact with prospects by sending brochures via email, and prioritize those that are most responsive.
- Call and profile businesses that needed System Change, Upgrade or Downgrade, Maintenance, or Add-ons.
- Generate meetings with prospects for the Clients BDMs.
Account Research and Selection
- The Client specified target industries, locations, and relevant contacts.
- Callbox refined the Client’s ideal customer profile (ICP) which served as a basis for identifying qualified accounts.
- Callbox then compiled a list of potential contacts to target, which was reviewed and approved by the Client
Account and Prospect Profiling
- The Client provided buyer persona profiles of the prospects that they want the outbound campaign to engage. The profiles consisted of detailed demographic and firmographic segmentations
- Buyer personas designated as the campaign’s primary targets: CEO, Managing Director, Financial Director, Manager, GM of Operations, IT Manager
- The master contact list was segmented based on these personas, and was further grouped according to industry type with unique accounts and unique contacts
Overall, the nine-month ABM Lead Generation and Appointment Setting campaign produced a total of 108 Sales Qualified Leads, 90 Marketing Qualified Leads, and 432 Social Media Connections.