SaaS HR Firm Speeds Past 2.5x Sales Pipeline Growth with Callbox
Building on the success of its cloud-based time attendance management solution, the Client recently rolled out a more internationalized version of its flagship product. As of February 2018, the current platform served 9,500 companies with over 600,000 users, mostly located in Japan.
To accelerate its customer acquisition initiatives, the Client sought to expand into several key Southeast Asian countries. The Client’s own research indicated a strong potential for tight product-market fit in the region, placing Southeast Asia as the next major growth driver for the company.
By providing an open API that allowed global customers to integrate any payroll system with the Client’s suite of HR software solutions, the company aimed to bring its product portfolio in front of a broader group of potential customers.
But first, the company needed help with a key part of their customer acquisition strategy: direct outreach. The Client relied both on inbound and outbound marketing channels to capture and convert prospects, but they felt their outbound efforts could use a boost.
Before partnering with Callbox, the Client’s marketing team was generating an average of 6 booked appointments for their sales reps per month. The Client decided to outsource their outbound activities instead of hiring full-time staff to handle prospecting, so that the company could assign their internal people into lead nurturing and lead conversion roles.
- Designed and launched a targeted appointment setting campaign for a cloud-based HR software company
- Helped the Client’s expansion push into Southeast Asian markets
- Contributed 2.5x faster sales pipeline growth
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox has a long track record of planning and managing successful targeted marketing campaigns for B2B SaaS companies in Southeast Asia. That was one of the main reasons why the Client chose Callbox from a shortlist of marketing agencies.
A pilot three-month campaign was first carried out to gauge the program’s impact on the Client’s sales pipeline. With the pilot run’s results exceeding all key targets, the Client gave the go-ahead for a one-year appointment setting program, which is wrapping up its fifth month at time of writing.
Callbox created an integrated appointment setting strategy that combined phone, email, and LinkedIn touch points. The program consists of three main campaign activities:
Identifying and profiling potential customers
- Callbox and the Client worked out the specifics of the target companies and relevant decision makers based on the Client’s ideal customer profile (ICP).
- The Client wanted to target construction, manufacturing, wholesale trade, retail trade, services, and logistics companies in Singapore and Malaysia with at least five employees.
- From the specifications, a list of HR, IT, Finance, and other key managers was prepared and submitted to the Client for approval.
Carrying out multi-touch, multi-channel outreach
- The Callbox team designed and executed an outreach cadence consisting of targeted emails, one-on-one sales conversations, and LinkedIn marketing.
- The touch points were initially set based on the project’s objectives and timeline, and later fine-tuned according to campaign results.
- The overall program was carried out by a dedicated team that had in-depth experience in marketing campaigns for SaaS solutions, with each channel handled by specialists.
Qualifying, following up, and verifying prospects
- Agents engaged the target decision makers through live conversations designed to gauge fit and interest.
- The outreach cadence also included nurture paths for following up prospects and ensuring that all booked meetings took place as scheduled.
- The entire project was managed using Callbox’s marketing tech stack which is powered by Pipeline CRM (Callbox’s proprietary CRM tool).
The program has now completed a three-month pilot run and is now finishing up the fifth month of the main (one-year) phase. The results so far have consistently exceeded the Client’s targets, and the sales appointments Callbox generated have significantly expanded the Client’s pipeline.
The initial three-month test campaign yielded a total of 51 qualified appointments, which was 8.5 times more than what the Client could produce. Meanwhile, the main phase of the program has delivered 65 qualified appointments as of press time.
This means that, throughout the engagement so far, Callbox has managed to hand off an average of 15 qualified appointments per month, which is almost 2.5 times what the Client’s in-house team can generate.
Aside from appointments, the two campaign phases also yielded 161 completed leads, which are prospects that match the target customer profile but require further nurturing by the Client’s in-house team.
Callbox Boosts Event Turnout for Cloud Provider, Hands Over 1,000+ New Prospects
- Carried out 3 successful event marketing campaigns for the Client
- Generated 353 total registered event attendees
- Added 1,050 new prospects to the Client’s pipeline
As a leading brand in the CRM market, the Client regularly organizes and hosts in-person events throughout different parts of the world. These tradeshows and conferences, including its annual flagship event, typically draw huge numbers of attendees and receive extensive media coverage.
For its Asia-Pacific calendar, the company had a series of live events lined up for 2017. These events—which were scheduled for January, April, and July—would showcase the Client’s insights on how top-performing marketers succeed with customer-centric strategies driven by digital tools.
The Client planned to host each of the events in both Singapore and Hong Kong, targeting CMOs, marketing directors, sales directors, marketing managers, and other persons in charge of marketing and sales at organizations based in the two cities. The three events included separate programs for SMB and mid-market/general business (MMGB) audiences.
The company partnered with Callbox after being introduced by one of Callbox’s long-time clients in the software space. The Client intended to add targeted, one-on-one outreach into the event promotion mix, and wanted to see how Callbox’s Call-to-Invite package would be able to help boost registrations for its January event.
The initial campaign’s results met the company’s expectations, and The Client decided to work with Callbox for the April and July live events.
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
A Call-to-Invite campaign was planned for each of the three events. The three campaigns combined email outreach and live phone conversations to engage attendees and prospects throughout the event cycle.
STEP 1. LAYING DOWN THE GROUNDWORK
Prior to the start of each campaign, callbox closely worked with the Client to thoroughly prepare for the Call-to-Invite activities:
- Hand-picked and briefed the campaign team, which included calling agents and email specialists
- Created the Client’s account on Pipeline, Callbox’s lead management platform, and integrated The Client’s event partner Revolution 360 into the loop
- Developed the campaign collaterals, including email templates and call scripts which were reviewed by the Client
- Compiled the target list based on the Client’s ideal attendee profile (table below shows record counts for all three campaigns)
STEP 2. CONTACTING AND INVITING POTENTIAL ATTENDEES
The pre-event outreach cadence started one month prior to each scheduled conference. The Callbox team segmented potential attendees according to location (Singapore or Hong Kong), business size (SMB or MMGB), and target industry.
- Launched the pre-event cadence with initial email invites
- Followed up the initial emails with phone calls and another batch of targeted email send-outs
- Helped contacts complete the registration process
- Called up registered attendees two days before the event to confirm attendance
STEP 3. FOLLOWING UP AFTER THE EVENT
To maximize conversions, Callbox executed a post-event follow-up cadence after each conference.
- Sent a personalized thank-you email two days after the event
- Contacted attendees in order to screen them as qualified opportunities
- Reengaged registered attendees who were not able to attend as well as reached out to other contacts in the campaign
Going into each campaign, the Client focused on the number of registered attendees as the primary KPI to gauge the Call-to-Invite campaign’s success. The following table summarizes the number of registered attendees from the three campaigns:
In addition, the three campaigns also generated 1,050 new prospects for the Client. This consisted of 394 follow-ups and 656 requests for information.
The Client was very pleased with the results of the three Call-to-Invite campaigns. The first campaign exceeded their expectations that they increased the number of calling seats for the March-April and June-July campaigns. The company has also decided to continue partnering with Callbox for its upcoming Asia-Pacific events.