SG-based 3PL Company Doubles Sales Appointments, Gears Up For Expansion
Third-party logistics (3PL) is the process of outsourcing part or all of a business’s supply chain and logistics operations to another company. As supply chains become more complex, many shippers now find it more cost-effective to work with 3PL service providers that take care of transport, warehousing, customs brokerage, and freight forwarding—instead of doing these activities in-house.
In Singapore, the 3PL market makes up over $3 billion (or 12%) of the country’s logistics industry, with the majority of providers competing in saturated segments such as automotive, retail, and electronics. For its part, the Client chiefly targets international freight forwarders and shippers from a wide range of industries.
As part of its effort to improve the company’s market position, the Client looked into expanding the outbound component of its customer acquisition program. The bulk of its lead generation initiatives were mostly tied up in inbound tactics, but the Client wanted a more proactive approach and a bigger role for outbound in its marketing mix.
The Client teamed up with Callbox to deploy an outbound prospecting program that would complement the company’s current marketing efforts. Under its existing strategy, the Client averaged 8 to 10 appointments each month, and the company wanted Callbox’s help to develop a new lead source and increase the flow of qualified prospects into their pipeline.
• Completed a highly-successful 3-month integrated appointment setting campaign for an SG logistics company
• Enabled Client’s sales team to follow up on 2.5 times more in-person and phone meetings
• Set the stage for Client’s expansion into fiercely-competitive 3PL segments
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox and the Client worked out a plan for a three-month appointment setting campaign. The strategy implemented an outreach cadence that combined targeted email touches and live phone conversations with the main goal of identifying and scheduling qualified prospects for an introductory meeting with the company’s reps.
The three-month campaign met all the Client’s expectations, particularly in terms of the number of qualified appointments delivered and net new prospects added into the Client’s pipeline:
The first few touches in the campaign were spent warming up the target prospects and learning about their current logistics processes. Accordingly, it was only near the end of the first month when the campaign started converting prospects into leads and appointments.
The 45 total appointments generated in the three-month outbound campaign meant that the Client’s reps were now handling 2.5 times more sales meetings. The Client was very pleased with the results that they renewed for another campaign, this time targeting freight forwarders and shippers outside of Singapore.
AU Security Firm Gets 1,800+ Sales Appointments from 18-Month Callbox Campaign
The Client ranks as one of the leading Sydney-based security companies that specialize in fully-integrated video surveillance solutions for businesses. The company offers its products and services directly to customers, as well as through its network of channel partners and contractors.
To address the growing competition in its home state of New South Wales and some areas in Queensland, The company adopted a more proactive marketing approach, which added direct outreach into the marketing mix to complement its existing inbound program.
The Client initially carried out outbound activities in-house with its inside sales team researching and contacting cold prospects via phone and emails. But the effort only managed to deliver 37 appointments after six months (or an average of 6 per month).
It was clear that the Client had a hard time scaling its outbound marketing activities. Prospecting took up nearly half of their inside sales team’s time, and the company wasn’t sure how hiring new reps would improve results.
That was when the company decided to outsource its outbound marketing program and let Callbox handle the time-consuming tasks of identifying and setting sales appointments.
• Completed an 18-month integrated appointment setting campaign that exceeded the Client’s targets
• Delivered an average of 101 qualified appointments each month, which was 17 times more than what the Client’s in-house efforts had generated
• Added more than 2,300 new prospects into the Client’s pipeline, expanding its potential reach in NSW and QLD
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox planned an initial one-month campaign for the Client, since the company wanted to see first how partnering with an outside provider would work out. The main strategy behind the campaign was to use a combination of email outreach and phone conversations to qualify prospects and schedule meetings on behalf of the company’s reps.
Right after the pilot program, the Client decided to proceed with the campaign and reviewed the project status on a monthly basis. The two main campaign components (phone-based appointment setting and targeted email outreach) focused on these activities:
The campaign ran for a total of 18 months. In the campaign’s first month alone (despite two weeks spent warming up and nurturing prospects), the Client received 55 qualified appointments, which was around 1.5 times what the company was able to generate from its six-month in-house prospecting activities.
This led the Client to request more calling agents from Callbox to be assigned to the campaign in the subsequent months. This, in turn, helped steadily increase the number of qualified appointments produced during the first few quarters of the campaign, as shown below:
By the end of the 18-month campaign, Callbox handed a total of 1,829 qualified appointments to the Client, (or an average of 101 qualified appointments each month). The campaign also added 1,993 follow-ups and 414 requests for information to the Client’s prospect pipeline.
Outbound Campaign Fast-tracks Inbound Results for Business Travel Platform
Shortly before first contacting Callbox, the Client was in the middle of a key strategic refocus that aimed to expand the company’s footprint in the growing SME business travel segment. The Client had already developed specific packages and solutions tailored for small and medium-sized companies’ needs and was looking to acquire more SME accounts.
To help drive awareness and generate interest in its SME-focused offerings, the company launched a number of lead generation initiatives that included publishing a comprehensive whitepaper on creating and deploying a company travel policy.
The Client wanted to reach new prospects with this content asset but encountered mixed results with the distribution and promotion tactics they were using (which mostly consisted of inbound channels like SEO, social media, and online promotion).
Downloads average 6 per week (although this went up as high as 11 in the first full week after publication) and marketing-qualified lead (MQL) conversion rates didn’t meet the Client’s targets.
After considering other options for distributing the whitepaper, the Client decided to include outbound channels in its content promotion mix. But, having no outbound expertise of its own, the Client began looking for a third-party lead generation vendor to handle the outbound portion of the campaign.
• Launched a targeted, integrated lead generation campaign to promote a key content asset and qualify prospects
• Doubled the number of whitepaper downloads and increased the content’s conversion rate
• Increased the volume and quality of MQLs in the Client’s pipeline
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client chose Callbox after a thorough evaluation process, pointing out that Callbox’s multi-channel approach at lead generation and prospecting best met their goals. The Callbox team then prepared a campaign plan for a 3-month lead generation program with the following objectives:
• Increase the number of hand-raisers from its whitepaper
• Qualify prospects based on their ability to influence business travel decisions
• Collect key information to profile each prospect
The campaign carried out direct, targeted outreach through live conversations with the target prospects enhanced through email, social media, and online channels. The decision makers included HR directors, HR managers, CFOs, finance directors, administrative managers, CEOs, and other persons in charge of expense management/ procurement from companies all over the U.S. with annual revenues not exceeding $10 million.
The targeted lead generation campaign ran for a total of 66 days (22 days per month). As with most of Callbox’s multi-touch, multi-channel lead generation projects, leads only began trickling in after the first two weeks of the campaign. That’s because the campaign’s opening phase focused on initiating contact and nurturing prospects through email which maintained open rates of 32.2% and click-through rates of 9.7%.
Broken down by month, the lead
generation activities produced the
The company travel policy whitepaper was downloaded a total of 189 times during the three-month campaign period, which gave a weekly average of nearly 16 downloads (or twice the pre-campaign rate). The Client also mentioned that 80% of the 109 leads (or 88 leads) were already MQLs.
Telecom Firm’s Campaign Enters Next Phase, Grows Reach in New Segments
The Client currently has an ongoing appointment setting project with Callbox. As part of its 2018 marketing goals, the Client wants to double down on maritime satellite opportunities in Asia, as well as tap into additional EMEA markets.
This leg of the campaign focuses on the Client’s two Inmarsat Fleet One offerings. Inmarsat Fleet One Coastal covers data and voice services for smaller recreational and fishing boats sailing closer to shore, while Inmarsat Fleet One Global gives access to bundled data and voice anywhere in the world. Both solutions are ideal for commercial vessels and fleets with modest data requirements.
In the previous campaign phases, the emphasis was on potential resellers and end users of the Client’s land satellite services. Both the Client and the Callbox team picked up a great deal of insights about the target prospects and the overall market, which proved useful in refining the team’s campaign approach and the Client’s marketing strategy.
This time, as the focus shifts to maritime satellite communications, the new campaign’s main objective is to identify and qualify potential subscribers for its bundled Inmarsat services from shipping and maritime companies.
• Kicked off new phase in campaign to align with telecom firm’s 2018 marketing goals
• Laid groundwork for Client’s expansion into new maritime satellite markets in Asia and EMEA
• Achieved response and conversion targets ahead of schedule
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The new campaign phase marks the 15th month of the Client’s partnership with Callbox. The Client says Callbox has become a key force multiplier of its marketing initiatives, greatly expanding the company’s reach and scope with multi-channel prospecting and research capabilities.
The updated plan consists of database profiling and phone-based conversations with prospects integrated with email touches.
1. The Client provided an in-house list of contacts to be profiled and refined by the Callbox team.
2. The targets include shipping and maritime companies in Asian and EMEA countries not directly covered by Inmarsat and VSAT.
3. The Callbox team used primary and desk research methods to verify and update each record, as well as added new contacts that match the target prospect profile.
The campaign has finished one full month (22 days) of appointment setting activities. Since this is only the first month of the new campaign phase, much of the activities focused on priming prospects for live conversations and tweaking the messaging strategy.
So far, the campaign dialed a total of 4,879 records in 22 days and was able to connect with 318 decision makers. From these contacts, the team tagged 93 prospects for follow-up, processed 60 requests for information, and handed off a total of 10 qualified appointments
The Client accepted all 10 booked meetings, citing that each appointment met the company’s sales-qualified lead (SQL) profile. With the campaign generating appointments well ahead of schedule, both the Client and the Callbox team are confident that the number of qualified appointments will increase as the campaign progresses.
LED Lighting Firm Renews Callbox Campaign, Wins Sales Deal in 2 Months
The Client’s main line of service helps companies successfully implement and maintain LED lighting projects. Its key differentiator is that it provides fully-integrated, end-to-end LED lighting project management packages that come bundled with the needed expertise and support. The Client also offers 5-year unlimited warranties to its customers, which further sets it apart from other players in the industry.
Because the Client typically sees conversion cycles thatspan several months, the company devotes much ofthe funnel to nurturing leads and opportunities. That’s why the Client traditionally outsources top-of-funnel prospecting activities to third-party agencies.
In fact, the Client’s parent company has already worked with Callbox in a previous prospecting campaign that focused on its telecom vendor sourcing division. This time, the Client wants to partner with Callbox in order to:
1. Generate qualified leads and appointments that fit the Client’s LED lighting options
2. Collect marketing and sales intelligence useful in the nurturing process
• Launched a highly successful U.S.-wide appointment setting campaign for an integrated LED lighting company
• Resulted in 1 closed deal while the campaign was still ongoing
• Exceeded Client’s targets at every stage
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
As a previous Callbox customer, the Client already understands the value that Callbox’s multi-touch, multi-channel appointment setting solution delivers. In choosing Callbox for the second time, the Client expects the same level of commitment and service that brought success to the past campaign.
The Client signed up for a 3-month standard appointment setting campaign that also covered database profiling, email marketing, and social media marketing.
At time of preparing this case study, the 3-month campaign was wrapping up its final week. The campaign initially started with only one seat. But, by the end of the third week, the Client wanted to ramp up calling activities to 2 seats due to the inflow of promising prospects.
With Callbox appointment setting campaigns, it’s typical for appointments and leads to start trickling in after a few weeks or a full month of activities. That’s because the first two weeks or so are spent warming prospects up and optimizing the various parts of the campaign. This is shown in the below breakdown:
• 1st 3 weeks: 10 qualified appointments and 9 completed leads
• 4th week up to today: 33 qualified appointments and 40 completed leads
During the campaign’s second month, the Client was able to close one of the appointments handed off earlier in the project.
The Client expects to convert around half of the remaining 42 appointments (or 21 appointments) to customers within the first half of 2018. The Client is very pleased with the results so far that the Client has already paid for another 3-month campaign scheduled for next quarter
Callbox Gives HR Consulting
Client Base a Boost
Started in 2014 as a joint venture between a pioneering European cross-cultural training company and a top Southeast Asian HR solutions provider, the Client has built and grown a customer portfolio of over 150 multinational companies in various industries across Asia. The customer enjoys a clear lead in the region’s market for intercultural management training services.
But with a spate of new entrants seen to come into the growing market in the next 3 to 5 years, the Client has recently followed a more active strategic direction to protect and enlarge its market share. An important component of the new growth strategy emphasizes direct and targeted outreach to prospects in industries with high potential.
Having little outbound experience of their own, the Client needed some outside expertise to achieve many aspects of its goals. In particular, the company faced three key marketing challenges that made working with a third-party provider a more viable option:
1. Identifying the right prospects to contact in the Client’s target industries and companies
2. Qualifying and booking sales meetings with prospects that fit the target buyer profile
3. Gathering additional marketing intelligence to be used further along the sales cycle
• Launched a successful SG-wide appointment setting campaign for an HR consulting/training firm
• Leveraged live conversations with prospects reinforced with touch points via emails
• Handed off highly qualified appointments and delivered critical sales intelligence
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client partnered with Callbox after a stringent RFP process, pointing to the latter’s substantial roster of satisfied customers in Singapore as a key differentiator. The Callbox team then worked alongside representatives from the Client to plan out the objectives, activities, and timelines for an integrated appointment setting campaign.
The overall strategy centered on engaging prospects through targeted calls complemented by timely email touch points. The Client wanted the campaign
to focus only on companies operating in Singapore and excluded firms providing consulting and training services.
Some campaign activities that contributed to its success were:
1. Callbox performed a thorough data profiling program prior to starting the campaign. The team compiled a database of the key contacts from companies in the included industries. The Client then reviewed and approved the profiled list.
2. Agents contacted every prospect on the approved list. Probing questions identified fit and interest with the Client’s intercultural management training courses. Prospects who agreed to a face-to-face meeting with a consultant from the Client were tagged as qualified appointments.
3. The team used emails extensively for introduction, follow-up, and targeted send-outs throughout the campaign.
The campaign ran for a total of 104 days. As is typical with Callbox’s multi-channel appointment setting programs, the first couple of weeks were spent initiating contact and nurturing prospects. The number of sales appointments only began picking up near the end of the first month.
The 3-month campaign produced a total of 51 qualified appointments in the following order:
Month 1: 14 qualified appointments
Month 2: 15 qualified appointments
Month 3: 22 qualified appointments
Based on past performance, the Client expects to send proposals to around 80% of qualified face-to-face sales meetings and close anywhere between 15% to 30% of opportunities. That means the campaign can potentially add as much as 12 more deals into their customer portfolio within the next sales cycle, an increase of 8% in its current customer base.
Callbox Confirmed 600 Attendees for Events Leader
The Client is an events specialist and one of the many fast-expanding companies in its industry that could provide resources both in and out of the APAC region.
• Validated and profiled contacts via Customer Profiling campaign
• Well-targeted reminder calls achieved via Callbox’s SMART Calling
• Accurately tracked active responses via the Pipeline Lead Nurture Tool
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
1. The database records needed to be validated so a customer profiling campaign was implemented.
2. Company and business names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, social media accounts and all other contact details were updated to ensure list accuracy.
3. To further validate the contact information, the Callbox team sent initial copies of the Client’s reminder featuring the upcoming and past events with links to their website and query boxes.
4. Active responses like opened emails, website visits, clicked links, and queries were tracked via the Pipeline Lead Nurture Tool and saved for follow-up.
5. Invalid emails (bounces) and contact details were updated upon speaking with the decision maker.
1. Through Callbox’s SMART Calling process, active contacts that were filtered from the Customer Profiling campaign were called to remind prospects of the event and to confirm their attendance.
2. For prospects who were still on the fence with their decisions, drip email reminders were sent to them via the Pipeline Lead Nurture Tool.
3. Prospects who confirmed attendance were sent calendar invites.
4. A day before the event, a final confirmation call to all each one who confirmed was made to keep an accurate number of expected attendees for the event.
Top ISO Certification Firm Boosts Sales Pipeline with Callbox
The Client provides a full suite of independent assessment services that cover certification, validation, verification and training. It helps its customers align management systems and business processes for compliance with international and industry-specific standards and schemes. The Client presently offers its assessment services in over 120 countries, with recognition from more than 50 accreditation bodies.
Agriculture, Chemicals, Construction, Engineering, Financial Services, Food, Furniture, Logistics, Manufacturing, Mining, Oil & Gas, Public Administration/Government, Publishing & Printing, Retail/Wholesale Trade, Services, Transportation, Utilities
The Client is looking to capture a huge portion of the growing demand for ISO certification among companies operating in Southeast Asia. In particular, the Client identifies a strong potential for its certification and training programs geared toward small to medium-sized enterprises across various industries in the Indonesian and Malaysian markets.
With a broad ISO certification portfolio and a worldwide roster of customers under its fold, the Client has significant strategic advantage over its competitors in the region. The Client has extensive experience assessing quality management systems that include a wide range of compliance coverage, such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, and other related standards for commercial and industrial organizations.
To help reach its revenue expansion goals, the Client developed a marketing strategy that involved direct outreach to relevant prospects from companies in its target verticals. The client also determined that it needed the help of a third-party marketing agency to carry out this segment of the plan. Accordingly, the Client decided to partner with Callbox mainly because of the latter’s track record at managing B2B marketing campaigns that target organizations based in Indonesia and Malaysia.
• Launched a 3-month multi-channel appointment setting campaign for a leading QA
• Reached campaign objectives well before the project’s conclusion
• Exceeded response benchmarks for both email and phone channels
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox’s multi-channel appointment setting package was deemed to be the best approach for helping the Client achieve its current marketing goals.
The campaign was made up of two integrated components: (1) phone-based appointment setting and (2) email marketing, and was put together with the following objectives in mind:
• To prequalify and generate face-to-face/phone appointments for the Client
• To drive awareness for the Client’s core standards including ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and OhSaS 18001: 2007
The campaign’s target prospects consist of persons involved in handling or overseeing QA processes at organizations with 50 to 2,000 employees that belong to a given set of industries and locations specified by the Client.
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
1. The Callbox team prepared the campaign prospect list, call script, and email templates based on the Client’s specifications. These were submitted for the Client’s review and approval prior to the start of the campaign.
2. Agents contacted and qualified the target prospects using the list of probing questions outlined by the Client. Prospects who demonstrated a clear need for or interest in ISO certification and agreed to meet with one of the Client’s reps were tagged as qualified appointments.
3. The Callbox team forwarded all leads to the Client via email notifications and Pipeline update.
1. Emails were used in the campaign as an added layer of touch points for engaging prospects.
2. Emails were primarily sent to warm up cold prospects as well as to follow up on phone calls and prospect requests.
3. The Callbox team monitored and handled email replies and follow-ups, making use of the Pipeline Lead Nurture tool for timely email send-outs and response.
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The entire campaign ran for a total of three months (66 days). The campaign’s first couple of weeks was mostly spent gaining initial traction through emails. As such, the results during this stage of the project prominently focused on email marketing. Here are some key highlights of the campaign’s email marketing activities:
• Delivery rates of up to 98.6%
• Open rates of up to 8.54%
• reply rates of up to 3.81%
Once the results from the initial email outreach started trickling in at the close of the first month, there was a noticeable pick-up in the number of qualified appointments generated. In fact, the majority of appointments produced during the campaign were recorded after the first four weeks. Here is a monthly breakdown of the number of appointments set throughout the campaign:
• 1st month: 17 qualified appointments
• 2nd month: 31 qualified appointments
• 3rd month: 23 qualified appointments
Using a benchmark lead-to-opportunity rate of 30% and a close rate of 40%, the 71 appointments delivered during the 3-month campaign can potentially turn into 9 new customers for the Client within the next 6 to 12months.
Callbox Delivered Results For Global Logistics Leader
This logistics leader annually holds events for the different industries they serve for more than three decades now such as product or service launch, awards and symposiums. However, in recent years, the number of attendees has dwindled as competing logistics companies have ran one event after another.
As part of their marketing strategy, the Client decided to outsource to a lead generation expert who possesses not just rich experience in the field but at the same time uses tactical lead generation tools and processes that would expedite tasks – Callbox.
• Updated inactive and validated active contact details via Customer Profiling campaign
• Filtered the most available prospects for the event via the Pipeline Lead Nurture Tool
• Confirmed a good number of attendees via Callbox’s SMART Calling system
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox first ran a Customer Profiling campaign in order to filter active target guests for the Client’s business awards event.
1. Initial emails of the invite containing details of the upcoming event were sent to target guests.
2. Active emails from guests who responded, clicked links, asked questions via query boxes and visited the Client’s company website were saved for follow-up calls.
3. Through the responses, the Callbox team was able to filter the most available prospects to follow-up with.
4. Bounces were filtered and saved for follow-up calls for the agents to update as they spoke with the prospect.
The Callbox team multi-tasked on sending invites and profiling the contact details during the first 4 weeks but in the same period 70 guests have already accepted the invitation and confirmed attendance.
On the 8th week, as almost all invites have been completely sent out and received by prospects another batch of 70 guests said yes to attend.
The 12th week of the call to invite campaign drew 110 confirmed guests which brought the campaign to successfully close at a total of 250 confirmed guests to the business awards event.
Callbox Electrified Success For Energy Retail Lead In 21 Days
With over 4 decades of electricity retail leadership both in their headquarters in Amsterdam and Singapore branch, the Client has built a strong business partnership with their clients – a relationship backed by trust and reliability inspiring them to create more electricity management options at the least cost.
Market competition is inevitable and the Client embraces this reality. So despite the strong business-client foundation they lean on, they decided to take advanced marketing steps that would keep them ahead in the game which included outsourcing to a seasoned and result-oriented multi-channel lead generation provider.
• Updated contact details via Customer Profiling program
• Filtered customer types based on interest through the Pipeline Lead Nurture Tool
• Sales were converted in the first three weeks of the first month as favorable number of prospects were reached and educated on the Client’s services via Callbox’s SMART Calling system
RESULTS AND RETURN ON INVESTMENT
The first week was focused on updating contact details but with Callbox’s innovative tools and calling processes, the team was able to reach a good number of prospects and have set 6 appointments. At the end of the first month, a period of 21 days, a total of 22 appointments were set and 6 leads completed but expectations were exceeded when out of the 22 appointments, 2 were converted into sales.
As more contact details were updated in the second month, more active responses were received which resulted to 23 appointments and 8 leads.
In the third campaign month, 30 prospects showed high interest on the new price plan and have agreed to appointments while 8 considered to upgrade later.
The fourth month saw an all-time high with 34 appointments set and 12 leads completed.
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Alongside the Appointment Setting Program, Callbox ran Customer Profiling to update the Client’s database and at the same time build a new set of qualified contacts.
1. Two sets of initial email copies were sent separately: one for current customers that were due for record updating and another for new customers who might consider switching providers.
2. Active emails from prospects who responded, clicked links and visited the Client’s company website were saved for follow-up calls.
3. Bounces were also filtered and saved for follow-up calls for the agents to update as they speak with the prospect.
Callbox Remodelled Success For Interior Design Expert
• Remodelled Client’s outdated and inaccurate database
• Optimized use of the Lead Nurture Tool for lukewarm leads
• Leveraged SMART Calling which expedited the sales process
RESULTS AND RETURN ON INVESTMENT
The first 4 weeks of the campaign generated 8 leads. Another 8 leads were generated by the 8th week and as more contacts were completely profiled, 8 more were gathered by the 12th week which summed up to a total of 24 leads for the first campaign period – just right on target.
By the time the second campaign period commenced, the team was more familiar and confident in handling the campaign, as confirmed by the 9 leads that were generated in the first 4 weeks, another 9 by the 8th week and yet another 10 by the time the campaign concluded in the 12th week, bringing the total to 28 leads for the second campaign period.
All in all, the two campaign periods produced 52 leads, a result far beyond what the Client could have designed for themselves.
The success of the two campaigns built the Client’s trust with Callbox, not only leading to the Client’s decision to run another campaign in 2018 but referring three large companies which were all converted into warm proposals by the Callbox team.
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
1. Callbox’s customer profiling service rehabilitated the Client’s list.
2. Initial copies were sent to current email addresses and responses were tracked real time.
3. Active emails from prospects who responded, clicked links and visited the Client’s company website were saved for follow up calls.
4. Bounces were also filtered and saved for follow up calls for the agents to update as they speak with the prospect.
|USA||+1 888.810.7464 Toll free|
|Australia||+61 2 9037.2248|
|New Zealand||+64 9914.3122|
|Hong Kong||+852 3678.6708|