Callbox’s Call-To-Invite Campaign Delivered ICT Leader From Buyout Concussions
The Client made history and proved its might in the technology sector when it completed a merger valued at approximately $60 billion with one of the biggest data storage companies, in 2015.
Although It was known to be the biggest tech deal ever, several roadblocks halted the deal’s success which affected the business in many different ways. One of those is product redundancy.
The Client’s newly acquired partner hosts several subsidiaries that were meant to augment technology bases and slope up the business but turned out to create a complex battleground, resulting in customer anxiety instead.
In the hope of driving awareness on customers about its new line of combined products and services, the Client decided to host a series of events.
- Successfully completed a 3-month region-wide Call-to Invite campaign for a multinational ICT company
- Worked out seamless outbound campaign activities that set the stage for the Client to deliver its message to its target audience
- Achieved key objectives in terms of best-fit accounts and highly-interested participants delivered
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox and the Client methodized a three-month Call-to-Invite campaign.
The goal was for the Callbox team to invite target participants and register to the series of events that the Client will be hosting in different countries and schedules.
The discussions focused on automation and data security.
Account Research and Selection
- Callbox helped analyze and refine the Client’s ideal customer profile (ICP) that served as basis for identifying which companies to include as target accounts.
- Callbox improved the Client’s ideal customer profile (ICP) which served as a basis for identifying which contacts qualify best as target participants.
- Callbox then compiled a list of potential contacts to target, which was reviewed and approved by the Client.
Account and Prospect Profiling
- The Client provided buyer persona profiles of prospects they want the outbound campaign to engage. The profiles consisted of detailed demographic and firmographic segmentations.
- Two buyer personas were designated as the campaign’s primary targets: mid-level IT managers or directors and mid-level network managers.
- The master contact list was segmented based on these two personas and further grouped according to industry and business size.
The three-month Call-to-Invite campaign concluded the key objective set for the project: to drive awareness on target customers about the new line of merged products and services as one brand.
The Call-to-Invite campaign delivered the following results:
First Month, Thailand
- Total calls made: 2,970
- No. of RSVPs: 70
- For follow up: 65
- Requested more information: 40
- Total positive contacts: 424
Second Month, Singapore
- Total calls made: 3,080
- No. of RSVPs: 80
- For follow up: 70
- Requested more information: 53
- Total positive contacts: 512
Third Month, Malaysia
- Total calls made: 1,776
- No. of RSVPs: 30
- For follow up: 40
- Requested more information: 25
- Total positive contacts: 115
Overall, the three-month Call-to-Invite outreach produced a total of 180 leads (confirmed attendees) as against the Client’s target of 100.
The leads delivered were best-qualified targets which turned in 55% conversion for the Client.
VoIP Switches to Callbox, Gains High-Value Sales Appointments
Despite having already worked with a number of third party providers for the Client’s lead generation campaigns, finding companies interested in their services for the long term remained an unresolved challenge.
The Client’s previous marketing partners had clear difficulties delivering consistent campaign results, which in turn made it very hard for the Client’s sales reps to meet their numbers.
Most of the leads and appointments from their former partners were a poor fit for the Client’s enterprise VoIP solutions. When those prospects reached the Client’s sales team, reps uncovered that many of them were actually still not in the market for the company’s offerings.
Additionally, the Client also observed that their previous providers were not able to fully capture and communicate the company’s unique value proposition, failing to map out key product benefits with business pain points in campaign materials used in the outreach programs.
With the lessons gained from these earlier campaigns, the Client searched for a reliable marketing agency that can provide them with a full suite of tools and strategies to book sales meetings with interested and qualified prospects.
- Launched a successful appointment setting program that met all key campaign objectives for an US-based VoIP provider
- Leveraged Callbox’s suite of marketing tools to enhance campaign results
- Refined Client’s target prospect profile and narrowed their sales team’s focus toward high-value prospects
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client signed up for a pilot three-month appointment setting campaign with Callbox. Callbox then reviewed the Client’s requirements and objectives in order to formulate a multi-touch, multi-channel campaign plan.
To address the Client’s problem with the quality of sales appointments, the Callbox team carried out their best effort to profile and update each contact information with each call, and took the opportunity to ask prospects probing questions to uncover not just perceived, but actual business needs. These steps were a significant factor in generating high-converting appointments.
Throughout the campaign, the Callbox team extensively used Pipeline CRM (Callbox’s proprietary lead management and marketing automation platform), particularly Lead Nurture Tool, which helped streamline the campaign workflow.
Lead Nurture Tool’s list cleansing feature took care of contact profiling, and it also enabled personalized emails to be sent to prospects in response to predefined triggers. Part of what makes this reliable tool efficient is that, every action taken by prospects like clicking a link on a website or submitting a form is monitored in real-time, allowing the campaign team to respond accordingly.
As is always the case in Callbox campaigns, all call activities were automatically logged in to Pipeline CRM, where the Client can view, process or download reports and campaign statistics.
Callbox Pipeline’s Lead Nurture Tool ensured the call list remained accurate throughout the whole campaign, while the Callbox’s SMART Calling system enabled agents to reach the right prospects at the right time, right when they were most available to talk.
The initial three-month program generated a total of 39 qualified appointments, 41 completed leads, and 78 net new prospects.
While the number of appointments delivered were slightly lower than in the previous campaigns with other providers, this actually reflected an increased emphasis toward high-quality prospects, since the Callbox team implemented a more thorough lead qualification approach aimed at filtering best-fit decision makers rather than stuffing the Client’s funnel with unqualified leads. As a result, the Client renewed the contract for another three months.
Mobile Platform Deepens Pool of Potential Merchant Partners in SG Campaign
Headquartered in South Korea, The Client established its Singapore office in 2012, providing a suite of integrated marketplace platforms tailored for the local online and mobile commerce segments. This included its flagship social discovery app launched in 2013 that allowed users to share and recommend places of interest in Singapore.
One of the app’s key selling points was that it featured an extensive network of merchant partners that actively engaged users with exclusive offers and promos. The app gave participating merchants an added channel for having real-time conversations with customers, improving brand visibility through user-generated content and micro-influencers, as well as gaining valuable customer insights and contextual marketing information.
Several months after releasing the app, the Client wanted to accelerate the growth of its merchant partner network in response to very positive user adoption numbers. This led the company to consider implementing targeted marketing tactics alongside its inbound marketing efforts.
But with little experience in direct marketing and much of its marketing resources already tied up in existing programs, the Client realized the best way forward was to work with a third-party provider that specialized in targeted outreach.
• Launched a multi-touch campaign that helped accelerate the Client’s partner acquisition efforts
• Increased the number of potential merchant partners from SG retailers in the Client’s pipeline
• Expanded both branding and revenue potential with high decision maker reach rates
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client chose Callbox after reviewing a shortlist of marketing agencies, pointing to Callbox’s long-term experience deploying successful campaigns in Singapore as the deciding factor.
Callbox and the Client then developed a campaign plan that combined emails and phone calls delivered as a sequence of multiple touches. The main campaign objectives included:
- Engaging decision makers to gauge fit and interest
- Booking face-to-face meetings with qualified prospects
- Collecting information needed in the Client’s sales process
Callbox completed the campaign in six months (or 132 days at 22 days per month), and handed off a total of 129 qualified appointments and 302 verified leads to the Client.
Since the campaign followed a multi-touch cadence that started with email activities designed to initiate contact, the Callbox team only began generating appointments near the end of the first month. Once the nurtured contacts began converting, the campaign was able to consistently deliver between 18 to 25 qualified appointments each month.
The Callbox team also achieved a relatively high decision maker reach rate of around 24% and, by the end of the campaign, the team connected with a total of 3,045 decision makers.
The Client projected that 80% of the appointments generated in the campaign would convert into qualified sales opportunities, with 60% turning into signups. That translates to 62 potential new merchant partners for the Client’s social discovery app.