Callbox’s Call-To-Invite Campaign Delivered ICT Leader From Buyout Concussions
The Client made history and proved its might in the technology sector when it completed a merger valued at approximately $60 billion with one of the biggest data storage companies, in 2015.
Although It was known to be the biggest tech deal ever, several roadblocks halted the deal’s success which affected the business in many different ways. One of those is product redundancy.
The Client’s newly acquired partner hosts several subsidiaries that were meant to augment technology bases and slope up the business but turned out to create a complex battleground, resulting in customer anxiety instead.
In the hope of driving awareness on customers about its new line of combined products and services, the Client decided to host a series of events.
- Successfully completed a 3-month region-wide Call-to Invite campaign for a multinational ICT company
- Worked out seamless outbound campaign activities that set the stage for the Client to deliver its message to its target audience
- Achieved key objectives in terms of best-fit accounts and highly-interested participants delivered
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox and the Client methodized a three-month Call-to-Invite campaign.
The goal was for the Callbox team to invite target participants and register to the series of events that the Client will be hosting in different countries and schedules.
The discussions focused on automation and data security.
Account Research and Selection
- Callbox helped analyze and refine the Client’s ideal customer profile (ICP) that served as basis for identifying which companies to include as target accounts.
- Callbox improved the Client’s ideal customer profile (ICP) which served as a basis for identifying which contacts qualify best as target participants.
- Callbox then compiled a list of potential contacts to target, which was reviewed and approved by the Client.
Account and Prospect Profiling
- The Client provided buyer persona profiles of prospects they want the outbound campaign to engage. The profiles consisted of detailed demographic and firmographic segmentations.
- Two buyer personas were designated as the campaign’s primary targets: mid-level IT managers or directors and mid-level network managers.
- The master contact list was segmented based on these two personas and further grouped according to industry and business size.
The three-month Call-to-Invite campaign concluded the key objective set for the project: to drive awareness on target customers about the new line of merged products and services as one brand.
The Call-to-Invite campaign delivered the following results:
First Month, Thailand
- Total calls made: 2,970
- No. of RSVPs: 70
- For follow up: 65
- Requested more information: 40
- Total positive contacts: 424
Second Month, Singapore
- Total calls made: 3,080
- No. of RSVPs: 80
- For follow up: 70
- Requested more information: 53
- Total positive contacts: 512
Third Month, Malaysia
- Total calls made: 1,776
- No. of RSVPs: 30
- For follow up: 40
- Requested more information: 25
- Total positive contacts: 115
Overall, the three-month Call-to-Invite outreach produced a total of 180 leads (confirmed attendees) as against the Client’s target of 100.
The leads delivered were best-qualified targets which turned in 55% conversion for the Client.
VoIP Switches to Callbox, Gains High-Value Sales Appointments
Despite having already worked with a number of third party providers for the Client’s lead generation campaigns, finding companies interested in their services for the long term remained an unresolved challenge.
The Client’s previous marketing partners had clear difficulties delivering consistent campaign results, which in turn made it very hard for the Client’s sales reps to meet their numbers.
Most of the leads and appointments from their former partners were a poor fit for the Client’s enterprise VoIP solutions. When those prospects reached the Client’s sales team, reps uncovered that many of them were actually still not in the market for the company’s offerings.
Additionally, the Client also observed that their previous providers were not able to fully capture and communicate the company’s unique value proposition, failing to map out key product benefits with business pain points in campaign materials used in the outreach programs.
With the lessons gained from these earlier campaigns, the Client searched for a reliable marketing agency that can provide them with a full suite of tools and strategies to book sales meetings with interested and qualified prospects.
- Launched a successful appointment setting program that met all key campaign objectives for an US-based VoIP provider
- Leveraged Callbox’s suite of marketing tools to enhance campaign results
- Refined Client’s target prospect profile and narrowed their sales team’s focus toward high-value prospects
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client signed up for a pilot three-month appointment setting campaign with Callbox. Callbox then reviewed the Client’s requirements and objectives in order to formulate a multi-touch, multi-channel campaign plan.
To address the Client’s problem with the quality of sales appointments, the Callbox team carried out their best effort to profile and update each contact information with each call, and took the opportunity to ask prospects probing questions to uncover not just perceived, but actual business needs. These steps were a significant factor in generating high-converting appointments.
Throughout the campaign, the Callbox team extensively used Pipeline CRM (Callbox’s proprietary lead management and marketing automation platform), particularly Lead Nurture Tool, which helped streamline the campaign workflow.
Lead Nurture Tool’s list cleansing feature took care of contact profiling, and it also enabled personalized emails to be sent to prospects in response to predefined triggers. Part of what makes this reliable tool efficient is that, every action taken by prospects like clicking a link on a website or submitting a form is monitored in real-time, allowing the campaign team to respond accordingly.
As is always the case in Callbox campaigns, all call activities were automatically logged in to Pipeline CRM, where the Client can view, process or download reports and campaign statistics.
Callbox Pipeline’s Lead Nurture Tool ensured the call list remained accurate throughout the whole campaign, while the Callbox’s SMART Calling system enabled agents to reach the right prospects at the right time, right when they were most available to talk.
The initial three-month program generated a total of 39 qualified appointments, 41 completed leads, and 78 net new prospects.
While the number of appointments delivered were slightly lower than in the previous campaigns with other providers, this actually reflected an increased emphasis toward high-quality prospects, since the Callbox team implemented a more thorough lead qualification approach aimed at filtering best-fit decision makers rather than stuffing the Client’s funnel with unqualified leads. As a result, the Client renewed the contract for another three months.
Mobile Platform Deepens Pool of Potential Merchant Partners in SG Campaign
Headquartered in South Korea, The Client established its Singapore office in 2012, providing a suite of integrated marketplace platforms tailored for the local online and mobile commerce segments. This included its flagship social discovery app launched in 2013 that allowed users to share and recommend places of interest in Singapore.
One of the app’s key selling points was that it featured an extensive network of merchant partners that actively engaged users with exclusive offers and promos. The app gave participating merchants an added channel for having real-time conversations with customers, improving brand visibility through user-generated content and micro-influencers, as well as gaining valuable customer insights and contextual marketing information.
Several months after releasing the app, the Client wanted to accelerate the growth of its merchant partner network in response to very positive user adoption numbers. This led the company to consider implementing targeted marketing tactics alongside its inbound marketing efforts.
But with little experience in direct marketing and much of its marketing resources already tied up in existing programs, the Client realized the best way forward was to work with a third-party provider that specialized in targeted outreach.
• Launched a multi-touch campaign that helped accelerate the Client’s partner acquisition efforts
• Increased the number of potential merchant partners from SG retailers in the Client’s pipeline
• Expanded both branding and revenue potential with high decision maker reach rates
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client chose Callbox after reviewing a shortlist of marketing agencies, pointing to Callbox’s long-term experience deploying successful campaigns in Singapore as the deciding factor.
Callbox and the Client then developed a campaign plan that combined emails and phone calls delivered as a sequence of multiple touches. The main campaign objectives included:
- Engaging decision makers to gauge fit and interest
- Booking face-to-face meetings with qualified prospects
- Collecting information needed in the Client’s sales process
Callbox completed the campaign in six months (or 132 days at 22 days per month), and handed off a total of 129 qualified appointments and 302 verified leads to the Client.
Since the campaign followed a multi-touch cadence that started with email activities designed to initiate contact, the Callbox team only began generating appointments near the end of the first month. Once the nurtured contacts began converting, the campaign was able to consistently deliver between 18 to 25 qualified appointments each month.
The Callbox team also achieved a relatively high decision maker reach rate of around 24% and, by the end of the campaign, the team connected with a total of 3,045 decision makers.
The Client projected that 80% of the appointments generated in the campaign would convert into qualified sales opportunities, with 60% turning into signups. That translates to 62 potential new merchant partners for the Client’s social discovery app.
Cloud Consulting Firm’s Sales Outlook Drifts Higher with Callbox
The Client’s core mission is to help companies implement and optimize Microsoft Dynamics AX and CRM applications. It sells its services primarily to large- and mid-sized businesses in verticals such as distribution, manufacturing, and professional services.
The company recently refocused its marketing initiatives toward growing the customer base for its three industry-specific modules: industrial, professional services, and AX users. Part of its new customer acquisition strategy called for targeting prospects throughout the U.S via outbound channels.
Being a small company (with only 35 employees), the Client clearly needed some outside help carrying out many of its marketing activities. Past experience has taught the company that its small team of in-house sales reps was best deployed following up qualified leads and nurturing opportunities, instead of spending a great deal of their time prospecting.
Once the company finalized its requirements, the Client began looking for a potential outsourcing partner that could:
1. Identify accounts that fit the target customer profile for each of the Client’s three modules
2. Qualify contacts for each identified account by gauging purchase intent and solution fit
3. Collect additional prospect information to be used by its in-house reps
• Completed a 6-month US-wide appointment setting project for a leading enterprise cloud consulting firm
• Generated high-value sales appointments for conversion within the next 12 months
• Increased prospect quantity and quality by combining phone calls with emails and social media
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client chose Callbox at the suggestion of one of its partner IT companies. The Client pointed out that Callbox’s marketing experience in the enterprise cloud space was a deciding factor.
Callbox then put together a 6-month appointment setting program consisting of six monthly campaigns. Each campaign focused on a specific segment for the company’s three main modules. The entire project made use of live phone outreach integrated with email and social media activities.
The six campaigns ran for a total of six months. In each of the campaigns, a good part of the first half was spent warming up prospects and doing research. This meant that much of the initial campaign activities focused on email marketing and social media. For the entire project, emails and LinkedIn produced the following results:
• Email delivery rate: 99.4%
• Email open rate: Up to 38.3%
• Email reply rate: Up to 5.13%
• LinkedIn connections: 1,492
• LinkedIn groups: 144
• LinkedIn leads: 6
Live conversations with prospects generated the following results:
• 21 qualified appointments
• 2 completed leads
Most of these results were recorded during the closing stages of each campaign. The Client says that all 21 appointments meet their sales criteria, so they expect to convert around half (or 11) of these prospects within the next 6 to 12 months.
Big Tech Brand Reaps Rewards from Long-term Partnership with Callbox
Marketing in complex-sale verticals, such as IT and manufacturing, carries a special set of challenges. The conversion funnel is usually longer and nonlinear, and the process requires connecting with multiple decision-makers. That’s on top of the relatively steep learning curve needed to understand and communicate what the product or service brings.
For the Client, these form the basic requirements when teaming up with third-party agencies that handle part of their marketing programs. The company combines inbound efforts (mainly done in-house) with outbound tactics (mostly outsourced to providers). Prospecting and lead generation are the activities that the Client typically delegates to an outside marketing company.
The Client recently decided to look for a new marketing partner as part of its renewed focus on Southeast Asia. The company needed an outbound agency with the scope to help it cover new segments in its target areas ((Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam), as well as the scale to generate prospects from companies in its target industries.
More importantly, the Client wanted a lead generation company they could work with on a long-term basis. This would accelerate deployment of campaigns and keep the messaging more consistent.
• Launched a long-term marketing partnership with one of Asia’s biggest tech brands
• Helped the Client reach event turnout targets
• Handed off high-potential sales appointments
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client reviewed proposals sent by Callbox and two other marketing agencies. All three had considerable experience managing companies’ APAC campaigns, but Callbox was able to provide case studies and references showing projects with longer-term commitments. The Client placed a great deal of emphasis on this key differentiator and signed up with Callbox.
The project kicked off a few weeks before a company-sponsored event. The Callbox team worked closely with the Client to put together a call-to-invite campaign aimed at boosting turnout:
1. The event revolved around driving awareness and generating leads for its SAP services and solutions.
2. The target attendees mainly consisted of decision-makers in IT, Operations, and Finance from Singapore-based manufacturing firms. The Client wanted to focus on companies not using SAP Business One.
3. Once Client approved the call list and campaign materials, Callbox then launched a one-month (22-day) call-to-invite campaign.
Callbox Nets New Users for
Analytics Firm’s Research Tool
Callbox as its marketing partner, citing Callbox’s extensive database of local companies and experience in the area as crucial factors.
• Launched an ongoing
appointment setting campaign to drive user growth for a research and analytics firm
• Connected with heads of PR and Corporate Communications from medium to large Malaysian companies
• Met campaign targets in the first two months, gearing up for third month
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox’s multi-channel appointment setting package meets the Client’s primary goal of carrying out accelerated and targeted one-on-one outreach. The campaign’s main strategy emphasizes live phone conversations enhanced with emails and other channels.
The Callbox team and representatives from the Client agree that all campaign tactics, activities, and materials should work toward prequalifying and setting up appointments with potential users of the media monitoring platform.
As of this writing, the campaign has just wrapped up its second full month and is gearing up for the third. The Callbox team spent the campaign’s first couple of weeks laying the groundwork for the main appointment setting activities. During this time, agents focused on gaining initial traction and navigating the hierarchy of decision-makers at the target organizations. It wasn’t until the first month’s closing weeks when steady appointment setting results began to seep into the pipeline.
So far, the campaign has managed to deliver:
• First month: 11 appointments
• Second month: 17 appointments
The Client maintains a benchmark lead-to-opportunity rate of 90% and a close rate of 70%. That works out to around 18 potential new users acquired from the ongoing campaign.