Big Tech Brand Reaps Rewards from Long-term Partnership with Callbox
Marketing in complex-sale verticals, such as IT and manufacturing, carries a special set of challenges. The conversion funnel is usually longer and nonlinear, and the process requires connecting with multiple decision-makers. That’s on top of the relatively steep learning curve needed to understand and communicate what the product or service brings.
For the Client, these form the basic requirements when teaming up with third-party agencies that handle part of their marketing programs. The company combines inbound efforts (mainly done in-house) with outbound tactics (mostly outsourced to providers). Prospecting and lead generation are the activities that the Client typically delegates to an outside marketing company.
The Client recently decided to look for a new marketing partner as part of its renewed focus on Southeast Asia. The company needed an outbound agency with the scope to help it cover new segments in its target areas ((Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam), as well as the scale to generate prospects from companies in its target industries.
More importantly, the Client wanted a lead generation company they could work with on a long-term basis. This would accelerate deployment of campaigns and keep the messaging more consistent.
• Launched a long-term marketing partnership with one of Asia’s biggest tech brands
• Helped the Client reach event turnout targets
• Handed off high-potential sales appointments
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client reviewed proposals sent by Callbox and two other marketing agencies. All three had considerable experience managing companies’ APAC campaigns, but Callbox was able to provide case studies and references showing projects with longer-term commitments. The Client placed a great deal of emphasis on this key differentiator and signed up with Callbox.
The project kicked off a few weeks before a company-sponsored event. The Callbox team worked closely with the Client to put together a call-to-invite campaign aimed at boosting turnout:
1. The event revolved around driving awareness and generating leads for its SAP services and solutions.
2. The target attendees mainly consisted of decision-makers in IT, Operations, and Finance from Singapore-based manufacturing firms. The Client wanted to focus on companies not using SAP Business One.
3. Once Client approved the call list and campaign materials, Callbox then launched a one-month (22-day) call-to-invite campaign.
Callbox Nets New Users for
Analytics Firm’s Research Tool
• Launched an ongoing
appointment setting campaign to drive user growth for a research and analytics firm
• Connected with heads of PR and Corporate Communications from medium to large Malaysian companies
• Met campaign targets in the first two months, gearing up for third month
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox’s multi-channel appointment setting package meets the Client’s primary goal of carrying out accelerated and targeted one-on-one outreach. The campaign’s main strategy emphasizes live phone conversations enhanced with emails and other channels.
The Callbox team and representatives from the Client agree that all campaign tactics, activities, and materials should work toward prequalifying and setting up appointments with potential users of the media monitoring platform.
As of this writing, the campaign has just wrapped up its second full month and is gearing up for the third. The Callbox team spent the campaign’s first couple of weeks laying the groundwork for the main appointment setting activities. During this time, agents focused on gaining initial traction and navigating the hierarchy of decision-makers at the target organizations. It wasn’t until the first month’s closing weeks when steady appointment setting results began to seep into the pipeline.
So far, the campaign has managed to deliver:
• First month: 11 appointments
• Second month: 17 appointments
The Client maintains a benchmark lead-to-opportunity rate of 90% and a close rate of 70%. That works out to around 18 potential new users acquired from the ongoing campaign.
Choosing Callbox for Sage Lead Generation Proven to be Wise Decision
The rapid growth in number of IT companies and the seemingly similar products and services offered tend to cause confusion among business owners on which IT service provider would best fit to address their IT needs, and the Client was not spared from such.
The conventional “WIIFM” (what’s in it for me) would not make any difference at all, the IT expert thought. So the “what” was replaced with “why” as (why is it for me) for their campaign to make target customers understand why they should choose the Client as their IT provider instead of simply knowing what they offer. The campaign was successfully carried out with Callbox.
• Validated contact details via Customer Profiling campaign
• Filtered most active contacts via the Pipeline Lead Nurture Tool
• Ensured solid appointments via the Smart Calling system
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The first month of the campaign generated 12 appointments and 4 registrations, but as the Calbox team got more familiar with the the target market and customer profiles, appointments delivered almost tripled in the second month with 34.
In the third month, another 12 appointments were generated with 6 registrations; 16 for the fourth month and 12 on the fifth month of the campaign.
The numbers escalated once again in the sixth month with 22 appointments and decreased a bit in the seventh month with 13 appointments and 8 registrations. While the eighth month took a bit of a hit with 3 appointments. The ninth month made up for the dip in numbers with 20 appointments and the tenth month closed out with 5.
The 10-month campaign generated a total of 149 appointments and 18 registrations. It is worth noting, however, that the Client is still counting more appointments and registrations as they go into the eleventh month, or technically, the first month following the end of the 10-month campaign.
IT Firm Picks Callbox’s ‘Consultative Fit’, Hits Goals in Ongoing Campaign
The Client is a pure IT consulting and professional services company offering design, configuration, implementation, business analyst, and general consultancy services. The Client specializes in the security, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), and Cloud services markets.
With over eight years of experience in the IT consulting and professional services space, the Client now ranks as one of the most trusted service providers in the industry and has successfully partnered with companies like Citrix Systems, AppSense, Blue Coat, and Apple (mobility).
The Client started out in 2009 as a white-label supplier of IT services to vendors and resellers. These companies would subcontract the Client to perform services on their behalf, often without the end customers knowing about the Client’s involvement. In 2014, the company refocused toward directly providing services to enterprises and organizations.
This move presented a bit of a branding conundrum for the company. The main challenge was finding a way to embed its extensive experience as an IT subcontractor for specific VDI, cloud services, and security verticals in the value proposition for its new business model.
For that reason, the Client undertook a massive marketing program that simultaneously focused on branding and customer acquisition. The customer acquisition plan highlighted nurturing leads in-house with the Client’s marketing team while delegating top-of-funnel prospecting activities to a third-party agency.
The Client chose Callbox as its outsourced marketing partner due to a number of factors, with the main one being the “consultative fit” that Callbox’s marketing solutions offered. The Client pointed out that taking a consultative approach to a project (rather than a purely engineering perspective) was their key differentiator and that Callbox was also able to demonstrate this by being more of a marketing advisor than a marketing agency. Given the Client’s marketing goals, the challenge is two-fold:
• Finding and identifying qualified opportunities for the Client’s customer acquisition efforts
• Generating awareness about the Client’s different IT consulting and professional services
• Planned and executed an ongoing appointment setting campaign for an IT services company
• Reached and engaged IT managers, CIOs, and CTOs in AU and NZ via phone, email and social media
• Stayed on target at each phase of the campaigncleansed and up-to-date contact list
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Both the Callbox team and the Client agree that an integrated appointment setting campaign best meets the latter’s requirements. The campaign primarily consists of phone-based conversations enhanced with email and social media touch points.
In addition, the campaign timeline is divided into weekly or biweekly segments, with each segment focusing exclusively on a specific solution that the Client offers. These include BlueCoat, Zscaler, Radware, Apple, and CheckPoint—along with general consultancy services, business analyst services, and other IT project services. Other key campaign activities are as follows:
1. Prior to the start of the campaign, the Callbox team compiled and profiled the prospect list comprised of IT managers, CIOs, and CTOs from companies headquartered or operating in Australia and New Zealand.
2. Since the campaign is made up of different phases, the Callbox team prepares campaign materials for each stage. These are sent to the Client for review and approval.
3. Call scripts are based on a list of eight probing questions given by the Client. Each script gauges a prospect’s need and fit for a specific IT product or solution.
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
1. The campaign uses two types of email messages:
A. Intro/follow-up emails
B. Targeted send-outs
Intro/follow-up emails help warm up and nurture phone prospects, while targeted send-outs are intended for prospects who request more information.
2. The Callbox team does the bulk of the campaign’s email marketing activities through the Pipeline Lead Nurture tool. This ensures targeted,
personalized, and timely emails.
3. The campaign team applies best practices and precautions to avoid spam complaints and to maintain good sender reputation.
1. The campaign also uses LinkedIn to reinforce the touch points made with the phone-based appointment setting activities, adding positive phone contacts as LinkedIn connections.
2. The Callbox team also carries out branding and reputation building activities on LinkedIn.
3. The team’s social media specialists manage the LinkedIn account on behalf of the Client.
At time of writing, the campaign has completed three
months’ worth of multi-channel appointment setting activities and is already at the final week of its fourth month.
Like most of Callbox’s integrated appointment setting projects, the early stages of the Client’s campaign primarily revolved around email activities for warming up prospects and refining the campaign focus. Open rates for the bulk send-outs reached 10.2%, 11.4%, and 23.0% for the first, second, and third months, respectively. The campaign was also able to maintain hard bounces and unsubscribes within acceptable limits.
Since the campaign calendar is subdivided into weekly or biweekly segments that focus on a particular IT solution, the overall monthly appointment setting results tend not to follow a definite trend.
The campaign, so far, has generated the followingmonthly outcomes:
• First month: 14 appointments
• Second month: 8 appointments
• Third month: 7 appointments and 3 leads completed
The campaign is still ongoing and, so far, it has delivered 29 appointments. Since these appointments have been qualified using a highly targeted set of parameters, the Client expects to move 80% of these appointments further down the funnel as sales-qualified Leads (SQLs). In addition, the company has a track record of closing 30% to 40% of SQLs after 6 months in the pipeline. This means that the Client can
potentially generate up to 9 new customers from this leg of the campaign.
Callbox Printed 3D (Three-Differentiated) Campaigns For Co-Marketing Specialist
Liaising with clients and creating co-marketing, direct marketing and channel marketing campaigns are the Client’s core competencies which they’ve honed and polished with more than a decade of experience running end-to-end B2B programmes. However, business had recently lulled due to challenges in their prospecting process, which promptly impacted their ROI.
The Client is the rare unconventional thinker who welcomes a partnership with the competition and recognizes in it the opportunity to progress the business. Such optimism opened doors for the Client to build a partnership with Callbox.
• Properly profiled contacts via Customer Profiling process
• Eased the prospecting process via Callbox’s SMART Calling
• Accurately tracked active responses via The Pipeline Lead Nurture Tool
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
1. A customer profiling campaign was rolled out to validate and update the databases.
2. Contact details like company and business names, address, phone numbers, email addresses and social media accounts were updated to ensure accuracy.
3. Contact validation was done by sending initial copies of the Client’s newsletters featuring the awards and accreditations they have received,
and also contained links to FAQs, the company website and a query box.
4. Active responses like opened emails, website visits, clicked links, and queries were tracked via the Pipeline Lead Nurture Tool and saved for
5. Invalid emails (bounces) and contact details were updated upon speaking with the prospect.
Callbox Prints Out Success For ICT Leader
The Client consistently delivers the best print and copy solutions for their customers – a potent commitment which brought them successes in revenue and customer care since the company’s inception in 2005.
But as years passed, market competition has become tougher and the primal revenue target of 20% per year showed a dramatic decline in recent years, dipping to only 13%-15%. Due to this decline, the Client felt the urgency to regain what they’ve lost and immediately acted on the issue by taking the next best steps – looking for an outsourced lead generation partner and deciding on Callbox.
• Use of 5 marketing channels
• Warming up prospects via Lead Nurture Tool
• Increased contact rates via Callbox’s SMART Calling
• Lost revenue regained
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
1. Callbox validated contact details in the database to ensure accuracy by sending initial emails with overview on the total print managed services.
2. Active responses like opened emails, website visits, clicked links, downloads and queries were tracked via the Pipeline Lead Nurture Tool and saved for follow-up.
3. Invalid emails (bounces) and contact details were corrected updated upon speaking with the prospect.
Callbox Solves Software Company’s Marketing Conundrum
Product/Service: Platform as a Service (PaaS) Cloud-Based Applications
Campaign Type: Lead Generation/Appointment Setting
The Client is known in the cloud-based communications and security software industry in the continental US. It plans to increase its market share by targeting all industries, offering high-availability global communications, collaboration, secured services, and advanced analytics. It asked the help of Callbox in finding interested companies to engage with their services for the long term.
Find out how Callbox took full advantage of its multi channel marketing program to produce positive results for the The Client and win for itself a new contract.
Callbox: Clear Connection to Leads for Managed Telco
Product/Service: Telecommunications Technology Provider
Campaign Type: Lead Generation
A major player in the telecommunications industry in Singapore, with clients from almost all sectors, wants to keep abreast and take advantage of internet protocol telephony technology to increase its client base without putting a dent on capital expenditure. Challenged by pressure to improve both ROI and customer acquisition, the client turned to Callbox.
Callbox knew exactly what to do: Use its proven lead nurture tool to complement its efficient multi channel lead generation program to reach more prospects, generate more leads, and improve the client’s revenue.
It’s not a question whether the campaign was successful. It’s HOW successful the campaign was. How did Callbox do it? Find out here.
The Client is a privately held corporation and is a premier provider of IT management solutions for businesses. The firm’s diverse product line, offered in a wide variety of capacity and application-specific configurations, can be scaled to support virtually any corporate environment.
The Client’s customers span a wide range of industries, and include Fortune 500 global enterprises. Their customer base is Medium to Large Enterprise businesses with complex, heterogeneous IT environments with stringent uptime and performance requirements. Today, over 40 customers with more than 5,000 total locations rely upon their products.
With their infrastructure ready to safely accommodate “many more” clients, they want to markedly increase highly qualified interest in their IT products, to produce enough leads to “boost sales to the next level.”
The Callbox Solution
The Client consulted Callbox. After reviewing their sales and marketing operations, Callbox immediately proposed deploying the Appointment and Lead Generation Program to realize their goal. Callbox started with an “out of the box” telemarketing campaign that would generate qualified/potential leads and appointments for the client on a daily basis. This was done by locating prospects, profiling, identifying prospects, probing, qualifying targets, and pitching sales.
A script outline was developed which would serve as a guide for the agents to use in qualifying a prospect. It includes:
The sales generated as a direct result of the Callbox campaign exceeded projected revenues. Engaging Callbox to set appointments and generate leads effectively increased ROI and decreased transaction costs. It eliminated unnecessary costs incurred by the sales and marketing department by freeing them from calling dead ends and meeting unqualified clients.
The Client enjoyed the following benefits:
This case study is another success story showing that companies from various industries and strata benefit from Callbox’s target marketing to increase profitability and growth without sacrificing the quality of customer service.