HK-Based Industrial Supplier Widens Market Lead with Callbox’s Help
Since 1988, the Client has been providing custom decorative building materials throughout Southeast Asia and Australia. Its products include colored stainless steel, decorative glass films, elevator decoration modules, and stainless steel fabrication. The company primarily sells to architects, designers, contractors, property developers, construction suppliers, and other industrial vendors in the region.
The Client says it relies on two key advantages to attract customers and set its products apart from competitors:
1. First is its broad sales and service network across the region, which enables prompt supply and delivery.
2. Second, the Client focuses on design customizability, so that products are tailor-made according to each customer’s specifications.
Before the campaign, the Client’s sales development model placed much of the prospecting and lead qualification burden on sales reps.
Sales was responsible for finding potential customers and booking introductory appointments with prospects, without much in the way of prior screening. Under this setup, the Client estimated that reps were spending less than a third of their time actually talking to prospects, which dragged down both sales productivity and the quality of the customer’s buying experience.
Accordingly, the company has been planning to reassign lead generation and appointment setting responsibilities to its marketing team, but this department is mostly staffed by creatives who are already on tight schedules churning out product materials and sales collaterals.
It was clear that the Client needed to outsource prospecting and lead qualification. But since the company was selling highly-customized products across different geographic markets, the Client wanted to partner with an agency that had both industry knowledge and regional experience.
• Completed successful appointment setting campaign that targeted prospects from key industries in six different APAC countries
• Helped the Client increase sales productivity by taking over most of its reps’ prospecting responsibilities time window
• Provided the Client with sales intelligence to make conversations with potential customers more relevant and personalized
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
After a thorough selection process, the Client chose Callbox as its outsourcing partner. Callbox had an extensive project portfolio of APAC campaigns carried out on behalf of manufacturers and industrial suppliers, including campaigns that covered the Client’s target countries.
Callbox and the Client worked out a three-month appointment setting campaign with the main goal of handing off qualified leads and appointments to the Client’s sales teams based in Australia, the Philippines, and Singapore.
The campaign ran for a total of three months (or 66 business days), with the first two months focusing on prospects in Australia, the Philippines and Singapore. During the third month, the campaign widened the target areas to include Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand.
Because Callbox follows a multi-touch, multi-channel appointment setting strategy, the first couple of weeks in this campaign are spent introducing the Client and warming up promising contacts through emails. Most appointments are generated after this initial phase, as shown in the monthly breakdown below (although the early outreach stage is repeated during the third month for the prospects in the additional target areas):
• Month 1: 14 qualified appointments
• Month 2: 22 qualified appointments
• Month 3: 12 qualified appointments
With the Client’s reps spending more time talking to qualified prospects, the company believes it can increase its lead-to-opportunity rate to 75% and its opportunity-to-close rate to 50%. Using these benchmarks, the Client expects to potentially convert 18 of the Callbox-generated appointments into new customers this year.
Telecom Firm’s Campaign Enters Next Phase, Grows Reach in New Segments
The Client currently has an ongoing appointment setting project with Callbox. As part of its 2018 marketing goals, the Client wants to double down on maritime satellite opportunities in Asia, as well as tap into additional EMEA markets.
This leg of the campaign focuses on the Client’s two Inmarsat Fleet One offerings. Inmarsat Fleet One Coastal covers data and voice services for smaller recreational and fishing boats sailing closer to shore, while Inmarsat Fleet One Global gives access to bundled data and voice anywhere in the world. Both solutions are ideal for commercial vessels and fleets with modest data requirements.
In the previous campaign phases, the emphasis was on potential resellers and end users of the Client’s land satellite services. Both the Client and the Callbox team picked up a great deal of insights about the target prospects and the overall market, which proved useful in refining the team’s campaign approach and the Client’s marketing strategy.
This time, as the focus shifts to maritime satellite communications, the new campaign’s main objective is to identify and qualify potential subscribers for its bundled Inmarsat services from shipping and maritime companies.
• Kicked off new phase in campaign to align with telecom firm’s 2018 marketing goals
• Laid groundwork for Client’s expansion into new maritime satellite markets in Asia and EMEA
• Achieved response and conversion targets ahead of schedule
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The new campaign phase marks the 15th month of the Client’s partnership with Callbox. The Client says Callbox has become a key force multiplier of its marketing initiatives, greatly expanding the company’s reach and scope with multi-channel prospecting and research capabilities.
The updated plan consists of database profiling and phone-based conversations with prospects integrated with email touches.
1. The Client provided an in-house list of contacts to be profiled and refined by the Callbox team.
2. The targets include shipping and maritime companies in Asian and EMEA countries not directly covered by Inmarsat and VSAT.
3. The Callbox team used primary and desk research methods to verify and update each record, as well as added new contacts that match the target prospect profile.
The campaign has finished one full month (22 days) of appointment setting activities. Since this is only the first month of the new campaign phase, much of the activities focused on priming prospects for live conversations and tweaking the messaging strategy.
So far, the campaign dialed a total of 4,879 records in 22 days and was able to connect with 318 decision makers. From these contacts, the team tagged 93 prospects for follow-up, processed 60 requests for information, and handed off a total of 10 qualified appointments
The Client accepted all 10 booked meetings, citing that each appointment met the company’s sales-qualified lead (SQL) profile. With the campaign generating appointments well ahead of schedule, both the Client and the Callbox team are confident that the number of qualified appointments will increase as the campaign progresses.
IT Security Provider Taps into APAC Markets with Callbox Campaign
The Client is looking to capture a huge part of the growing demand for smart cards and personal identification applications in the APAC region. In particular, the company aims to grow sales of its card printers/encoders and its ID card design software suite.
In line with this, the Client’s strategy calls for targeting organizations that issue cards to employees or members in order to position its solutions as an alternative to legacy systems or other secure identity brands. The value proposition for its products and services revolves around flexibility, scalability, reliability, security, and affordability.
Currently, the Client focuses on two key markets: Australia and the Philippines. Its target companies in Australia include golf clubs, yacht clubs, sailing clubs, football clubs, rugby clubs, and other organizations with regular members. For the Philippines, the Client wants to reach out to manufacturing and BPO companies.
This year, the Client has been moving more toward outsourcing marketing activities in the awareness stage of its sales funnel. The company wants its in-house team to concentrate on nurturing and following up opportunities, while letting a third-party agency do much of the prospecting and lead generation heavy-lifting.
Aside from delivering cost savings and productivity gains, the Client requires its marketing partner to have deep familiarity with its target markets and must be able to effectively communicate its value proposition.
• Carried out a uccessful appointment setting campaign for a leading IT security company
• Met all campaign objectives by the end of the project
• Delivered highly-qualified sales opportunities and actionable marketing intelligence
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client selected Callbox after a thorough evaluation process, citing Callbox’s proven track record of successfully managing campaigns for complex-sale IT products in the APAC region.Representatives from the Client and Callbox then hammered out a campaign plan whose main goal was to engage prospects via live phone conversations enhanced with email and other channels. The primary focus of each touch point was to sell the benefits of the Client’s secure card printer/encoder and ID personalization uite in order to book an appointment with a rep from the Client.
The campaign ran for 3 months and generated a total of 11 qualified appointments (SQLs) and 104 completed leads (MQLs). The bulk of these appointments and leads were produced during the latter half of the campaign, since much of the first half was spent warming up prospects and collecting additional information.
In addition to leads and appointments, the campaign also gathered vital marketing intelligence for the Client. The Callbox team uncovered which security identity brands were in use, prospects’ feedback on these brands, and reasons for sticking with the status quo.
Since the 11 appointments handed off by the Callbox team are highly qualified sales opportunities, the Client believes it can convert 70% to 80% (8 or 9) of these SQLs into customers within the next three months.
IT Firm Picks Callbox’s ‘Consultative Fit’, Hits Goals in Ongoing Campaign
The Client is a pure IT consulting and professional services company offering design, configuration, implementation, business analyst, and general consultancy services. The Client specializes in the security, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), and Cloud services markets.
With over eight years of experience in the IT consulting and professional services space, the Client now ranks as one of the most trusted service providers in the industry and has successfully partnered with companies like Citrix Systems, AppSense, Blue Coat, and Apple (mobility).
The Client started out in 2009 as a white-label supplier of IT services to vendors and resellers. These companies would subcontract the Client to perform services on their behalf, often without the end customers knowing about the Client’s involvement. In 2014, the company refocused toward directly providing services to enterprises and organizations.
This move presented a bit of a branding conundrum for the company. The main challenge was finding a way to embed its extensive experience as an IT subcontractor for specific VDI, cloud services, and security verticals in the value proposition for its new business model.
For that reason, the Client undertook a massive marketing program that simultaneously focused on branding and customer acquisition. The customer acquisition plan highlighted nurturing leads in-house with the Client’s marketing team while delegating top-of-funnel prospecting activities to a third-party agency.
The Client chose Callbox as its outsourced marketing partner due to a number of factors, with the main one being the “consultative fit” that Callbox’s marketing solutions offered. The Client pointed out that taking a consultative approach to a project (rather than a purely engineering perspective) was their key differentiator and that Callbox was also able to demonstrate this by being more of a marketing advisor than a marketing agency. Given the Client’s marketing goals, the challenge is two-fold:
• Finding and identifying qualified opportunities for the Client’s customer acquisition efforts
• Generating awareness about the Client’s different IT consulting and professional services
• Planned and executed an ongoing appointment setting campaign for an IT services company
• Reached and engaged IT managers, CIOs, and CTOs in AU and NZ via phone, email and social media
• Stayed on target at each phase of the campaigncleansed and up-to-date contact list
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Both the Callbox team and the Client agree that an integrated appointment setting campaign best meets the latter’s requirements. The campaign primarily consists of phone-based conversations enhanced with email and social media touch points.
In addition, the campaign timeline is divided into weekly or biweekly segments, with each segment focusing exclusively on a specific solution that the Client offers. These include BlueCoat, Zscaler, Radware, Apple, and CheckPoint—along with general consultancy services, business analyst services, and other IT project services. Other key campaign activities are as follows:
1. Prior to the start of the campaign, the Callbox team compiled and profiled the prospect list comprised of IT managers, CIOs, and CTOs from companies headquartered or operating in Australia and New Zealand.
2. Since the campaign is made up of different phases, the Callbox team prepares campaign materials for each stage. These are sent to the Client for review and approval.
3. Call scripts are based on a list of eight probing questions given by the Client. Each script gauges a prospect’s need and fit for a specific IT product or solution.
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
1. The campaign uses two types of email messages:
A. Intro/follow-up emails
B. Targeted send-outs
Intro/follow-up emails help warm up and nurture phone prospects, while targeted send-outs are intended for prospects who request more information.
2. The Callbox team does the bulk of the campaign’s email marketing activities through the Pipeline Lead Nurture tool. This ensures targeted,
personalized, and timely emails.
3. The campaign team applies best practices and precautions to avoid spam complaints and to maintain good sender reputation.
1. The campaign also uses LinkedIn to reinforce the touch points made with the phone-based appointment setting activities, adding positive phone contacts as LinkedIn connections.
2. The Callbox team also carries out branding and reputation building activities on LinkedIn.
3. The team’s social media specialists manage the LinkedIn account on behalf of the Client.
At time of writing, the campaign has completed three
months’ worth of multi-channel appointment setting activities and is already at the final week of its fourth month.
Like most of Callbox’s integrated appointment setting projects, the early stages of the Client’s campaign primarily revolved around email activities for warming up prospects and refining the campaign focus. Open rates for the bulk send-outs reached 10.2%, 11.4%, and 23.0% for the first, second, and third months, respectively. The campaign was also able to maintain hard bounces and unsubscribes within acceptable limits.
Since the campaign calendar is subdivided into weekly or biweekly segments that focus on a particular IT solution, the overall monthly appointment setting results tend not to follow a definite trend.
The campaign, so far, has generated the followingmonthly outcomes:
• First month: 14 appointments
• Second month: 8 appointments
• Third month: 7 appointments and 3 leads completed
The campaign is still ongoing and, so far, it has delivered 29 appointments. Since these appointments have been qualified using a highly targeted set of parameters, the Client expects to move 80% of these appointments further down the funnel as sales-qualified Leads (SQLs). In addition, the company has a track record of closing 30% to 40% of SQLs after 6 months in the pipeline. This means that the Client can
potentially generate up to 9 new customers from this leg of the campaign.
Callbox Aced Appointment Setting for Accounting Expert
The accounting expert serves as an integral extension of its clients, ensuring all tasks are accurately completed. However recently, competition became fierce as competitors started to offer equally interesting services and even used enticing branding images which made the Client indistinguishable from its industry peers.
The Client decided on offering a FREE-TRIAL to target customers. Well aware that this required expertise in pursuing prospects and getting them to agree to meet with the Client’s consultants to discuss signing up for the free trial, the Client searched for an appointment setting company that best fit their needs and chose Callbox.
• Validated and updated contact details via Customer Profiling campaign.
• Filtered active contacts and identified the most appointment-ready prospects and those who were interested to discuss, via the Pipeline Lead Nurture Tool
• Reached and spoke with prospects at their most convenient time via Callbox’s SMART Calling system
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox ran a Customer Profiling campaign along with Appointment Setting to update the Client’s database and to build a new set of qualified prospects.
1. An initial email copy which contained news releases about the Client’s FREE TRIAL offer were sent to target customers.
2. Active emails from prospects who responded, clicked links and visited the Client’s company website were saved for follow-up calls.
3. Responses also gave the Callbox team the opportunity to filter the most available prospects to touch base with via the CTA link (scheduling
option) in the email copies.
4. Bounces were filtered and saved for follow-up calls for the agents to update as they speak with the prospect.
RESULTS AND RETURN ON INVESTMENTS
The first four weeks were the busiest days of the campaign period as the Callbox team was juggling between getting together a fitting list of contacts to profile and setting appointments with those contacts at the same time, but successfully delivered 11 solid appointments.
Between the 5th and 8th weeks, with the Callbox team effectively done with the initial calls, follow-up calls came out more productive as most of the prospects the team spoke with were already knowledgeable of the free trial and have learned of the service’s benefits from other prospects via testimonial videos linked through the follow-up emails. This phase of the campaign generated 13 more appointments for the accounting expert.
The last 4 weeks (9th to 12th) had the Callbox team equally busy but more delighted as follow-ups that were nurtured during the start of the campaign eventually converted into appointments and impressed the Client with 15 appointments at the closing.
Callbox Lends B2C Expertise to Debt Management Firm in AU-wide Campaign
The Client is among the country’s many credit repair and debt relief companies offering Part IX Debt administration, which are services that help customers handle debt and avoid personal bankruptcy. The Client is looking to expand its share of this growing sector with its unique value proposition centered around having “the fairest fee structure in the market” as well as its reputation as an established industry player.
While there are ample opportunities to increase its customer base for debt agreement solutions, the Client also faces a number of hurdles when it comes to marketing and promoting these services.
Regulations related to the aggressive marketing of debt agreements and cases of misrepresentation by other debt relief providers have made finding potential customers even more challenging.
Accordingly, the Client decided to focus its debt agreement marketing initiatives only on individuals who have already expressed some level of interest in its other loan services and have communicated with the Client in the recent past. This ensured that the target prospects are not entirely cold while, at the same time, providing the Client with the needed information to refine the outreach effort.
Based on these initial requirements, the Client was able to come up with a list of potential customers to target with its debt agreement offer. The plan called for the Client’s in-house consultants to contact qualified prospects and find out how its solutions fit with their current financial situation.
To maximize their consultants’ productivity, the Client opted to hire the services of a third-party provider for carrying out the initial touch points and qualifying activities. The Client chose Callbox because of the latter’s experience in planning and executing Australia-wide lead generation campaigns as well as its roster of clients in the heavily-regulated financial services sector.
• Carried out a successful targeted B2C campaign in a heavily-regulated industry
• Hit campaign targets consistently throughout the entire nine-month duration
• Outperformed B2C benchmarks in terms of reach and response rates
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Callbox team put together a phone-based lead generation program designed for a B2C campaign. Due to the nature of the project (i.e., aimed at consumers), it was determined that the best approach would be to engage prospects solely through live conversations without integrating other channels into the mix.
The main goal of the campaign revolved around identifying prospects willing to find out more about how the Client could help them in their current financial situation. Some key activities of the lead generation campaign include:
1. The client provided the Callbox team with records tobe contacted. The list only included individuals who have interacted with the Client in the past such as through a loan application. As is standard practice in Callbox campaigns, the list was thoroughly profiled and validated before being used.
2. Campaign materials and collaterals, including call scripts, were produced in close consultation with the Client to ensure compliance.
3. Agents qualified every prospect with probing questions that identified their suitability and willingness to further engage with the Client’s debt counselors. Prospects having personal debt, net assets, and disposable income within a given range were tagged as qualified leads.
The entire campaign ran for a total of nine months or 198 days (at 22 days/month) given that the Client renewed its contract with Callbox several times after the initial pilot phase. The following table shows a monthly breakdown of some key indicators throughout the campaign duration:
Additionally, the campaign was able to yield the following metrics in terms of activity, reach, and response:
• Reach rates of up to 55% with an average of 31%. By comparison, a reach rate of 15% is considered acceptable while 30% is quite good.
• Response rates of over 18% with an average of 11%, which is in line with phone prospecting benchmarks of 9% to 10% for this type of list.
All in all, the nine-month campaign produced a total of 505 qualified leads handed over for further engagement with the Client’s in-house consultants. By the Client’s own estimates, between 70% to 80% of the leads are expected to become customers within six months after the campaign. As such, the Client is looking to potentially generate around 354 to 404 new customers for its Part IX Debt Agreement dministration services.
Callbox’s Multi-Channel Marketing Program and Marketing Automation Platform: Partnering for 33% Sales Increase in Sydney IP Services
Product/Service: Internet Protocol Services
Campaign Type: Appointment Setting
An Australian-owned cloud, data center and connectivity provider operating in five of the Commonwealth’s six states has been facing an uphill battle acquiring new customers, especially its Sydney operations. To make things worse, its in-house sales and marketing departments were not equipped with the best tactics and tools to improve their bottom line. Soon, it came to Callbox for effective marketing solutions.
Dying to know how Callbox managed to leave the client in awe, and consequently earned a referral? Read on.
Callbox Takes on Challenge and Scores a VIQtory
Product/Service: Digital Audio, Video and Evidence Capture, and Management Solutions
Campaign Type: Lead Generation
VIQ Solutions is a leader in Precision Transcription & Stenography services in Australia, providing quality and accurate professional transcription for events, meetings, arbitrations and courts throughout the country. The client wanted Callbox’s help to improve their lead generation campaign.
Find out how Callbox seamlessly married its multi-channel marketing program with the client’s impressive business objectives to get optimum business results.
|USA||+1 888.810.7464 Toll free|
|Australia||+61 2 9037.2248|
|New Zealand||+64 9914.3122|
|Hong Kong||+852 3678.6708|