Sorry, no posts matched your criteria
Micro Market Provider Forecasts Pipeline Value Growth After Campaign
Workplace micro markets are fast becoming a more popular alternative to traditional office vending machines. Micro markets offer a healthier and more diverse selection of food, drinks, and snacks at companies where having a full-service cafeteria or kitchen isn’t an option. They provide businesses and employees better convenience, increased efficiency, and greater wellness benefits.
The Client is looking to capture a bigger slice of the growing demand for micro market solutions, particularly among mid-sized companies in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. Its current (mostly inbound) marketing program generates an average of 10 appointments per month, of which 30% become salesqualified. The company’s sales team can close around 40% of these opportunities as new customers.
To achieve its expansion goals, the Client realizes it has to increase the flow of leads and appointments into its pipeline. That’s why the Client wants to complement its inbound marketing initiatives with targeted, outbound prospecting tactics.
But with its in-house marketing team and sales reps already facing hectic workloads, the Client understands it needs to outsource a good deal of top-of-funnel outbound marketing activities, such as prospect research and prequalification.
• Launched a highly successful integrated appointment setting campaign that leveraged both live phone conversations and email marketing
• Delivered appointments, leads, and sales intelligence to boost Client’s marketing efforts
• Increased Client’s pipeline in terms of number of opportunities and potential value
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client partnered with Callbox after short-listing a number of third-party marketing agencies. The company says Callbox’s consultative approach at helping the Client narrow down its marketing needs, plus Callbox’s multichannel marketing philosophy, set it apart from the other candidates it was evaluating.
The Callbox team then closely worked with the Client to develop a campaign plan for a three-month pilot program. They agreed on a targeted appointment setting strategy that combined live phone conversations with email touch points in order to:
• Gauge the product fit and buying intent of potential customers for its micro market packages
• Book qualified prospects for a face-to-face meeting with the Client’s reps
• Collect additional prospect information to help the Client nurture leads and opportunities
The effort started out with a thorough analysis of the Client’s ideal customer profile. This consisted of companies operating in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area belonging to any of 8 two-digit SIC groups, with between 250 to 500 employees.
The Client also wanted to prioritize companies with at least 100 employees working at a single location in order for its self-service micro market kiosks to tap into sufficient foot traffic.
The pilot campaign ran for a total of 66 days (22 days per month) and met all its objectives. As with most Callbox multi-touch, multi-channel appointment setting projects, the campaign’s initial phase was spent warming up contacts and refining campaign targets through email outreach, which produced engagement results in line or better than industry benchmarks: delivery rates of up to 98%, open rates of up to 32.8%, and Click-through Rates of up to 13%.
These early touch points paved the way for conversions (booked appointments and completed leads) to start trickling in after the campaign’s third week. Broken down by month, the results of the appointment setting activities are:
• 1st Month: 11 qualified appointments, 17 completed leads
• 2nd Month: 29 qualified appointments, 47 completed leads
• 3rd Month: 41 qualified appointments, 39 completed leads
Using the Client’s current funnel metrics, the 81 qualified appointments potentially translate into an additional 24 new sales-qualified leads, which in turn can be converted into 10 new customers. With an average deal size of $5,000 per month, the Client is looking at an increase of $600,000 in annual sales from the pilot campaign.
Outbound Campaign Fast-tracks Inbound Results for Business Travel Platform
Shortly before first contacting Callbox, the Client was in the middle of a key strategic refocus that aimed to expand the company’s footprint in the growing SME business travel segment. The Client had already developed specific packages and solutions tailored for small and medium-sized companies’ needs and was looking to acquire more SME accounts.
To help drive awareness and generate interest in its SME-focused offerings, the company launched a number of lead generation initiatives that included publishing a comprehensive whitepaper on creating and deploying a company travel policy.
The Client wanted to reach new prospects with this content asset but encountered mixed results with the distribution and promotion tactics they were using (which mostly consisted of inbound channels like SEO, social media, and online promotion).
Downloads average 6 per week (although this went up as high as 11 in the first full week after publication) and marketing-qualified lead (MQL) conversion rates didn’t meet the Client’s targets.
After considering other options for distributing the whitepaper, the Client decided to include outbound channels in its content promotion mix. But, having no outbound expertise of its own, the Client began looking for a third-party lead generation vendor to handle the outbound portion of the campaign.
• Launched a targeted, integrated lead generation campaign to promote a key content asset and qualify prospects
• Doubled the number of whitepaper downloads and increased the content’s conversion rate
• Increased the volume and quality of MQLs in the Client’s pipeline
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client chose Callbox after a thorough evaluation process, pointing out that Callbox’s multi-channel approach at lead generation and prospecting best met their goals. The Callbox team then prepared a campaign plan for a 3-month lead generation program with the following objectives:
• Increase the number of hand-raisers from its whitepaper
• Qualify prospects based on their ability to influence business travel decisions
• Collect key information to profile each prospect
The campaign carried out direct, targeted outreach through live conversations with the target prospects enhanced through email, social media, and online channels. The decision makers included HR directors, HR managers, CFOs, finance directors, administrative managers, CEOs, and other persons in charge of expense management/ procurement from companies all over the U.S. with annual revenues not exceeding $10 million.
The targeted lead generation campaign ran for a total of 66 days (22 days per month). As with most of Callbox’s multi-touch, multi-channel lead generation projects, leads only began trickling in after the first two weeks of the campaign. That’s because the campaign’s opening phase focused on initiating contact and nurturing prospects through email which maintained open rates of 32.2% and click-through rates of 9.7%.
Broken down by month, the lead
generation activities produced the
The company travel policy whitepaper was downloaded a total of 189 times during the three-month campaign period, which gave a weekly average of nearly 16 downloads (or twice the pre-campaign rate). The Client also mentioned that 80% of the 109 leads (or 88 leads) were already MQLs.
Callbox Taps Ontario Auto Dealership Market for IT Sales Opportunities
The Client specializes in IT solutions for automotive dealerships designed to streamline sales, marketing, and customer support processes. These solutions include end-to-end ecommerce portal, reputation management services, lead generation services, website conversion optimization tools, and fully integrated CRM platform. The Client targets both franchised and independent dealerships throughout the province of Ontario.
In order to sell to this market, the Client employs a small sales team that performs both marketing and sales responsibilities. The team assigns prospecting activities to an inside sales rep who carries out much of the research and initial contact.
Meanwhile, in-person and phone follow-ups are delegated to the rest of the team. The company’s average sales cycle ranges between 3 to 6 months.
The Client already does business with a sizeable number of dealerships primarily in the Greater Toronto Area and other regions in the province. The company wants to expand its reach into other Ontario locations.
To achieve its growth objectives, the Client thinks it needs to outsource part of its marketing efforts, particularly lead generation and appointment setting, so that their sales team can focus on nurturing and follow-up.
• Successfully set high quality leads within the Ontario automotive dealership market
• Helped the Client streamline its own marketing and sales workflow by taking over prospecting activities
• Laid the groundwork for further nurturing and future opportunities through enriched prospect information and enhanced LinkedIn presence
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client partnered with Callbox after a thorough vendor selection process, citing Callbox’s long-term experience in complex-sale IT solutions as the main deciding factor. Callbox then developed a 3-month multi-touch, multichannel appointment setting program that would perform much of the prospecting work currently done by the Client’’s sales team.
The campaign plan consists of targeted one-on-one outreach with CIOs, IT managers, and IT directors from auto dealerships in Ontario (except those located in Ottawa), via live conversations enhanced with email and social media touch points.
The three-month (66-day) appointment setting campaign helped the Client increased the number of sales appointments in its pipeline. As is typical for Callbox’s multi-touch, multi-channel campaigns, most of these appointments were recorded only after the first two weeks. During the campaign’s opening phase, the Callbox team focused on the email outreach and LinkedIn activities. For the entire campaign, the team was able to generate the following social media results:
• Connections made: 173
• Groups joined: 173
• InMails received: 32
A monthly breakdown of results from the appointment setting activities is as follows:
• 1st month: 24 qualified appointments
• 2nd month: 16 qualified appointments
• 3rd month: 17 qualified appointments
By the end of the campaign, the Callbox team handed off a total of 57 qualified appointments to the Client’s reps. The Client estimates that 80% of these will become sales qualified leads (SQLs) and, based on past sales performance, the reps can close about half to around two-thirds of SQLs. That means the Client can potentially close 23 to 30 new auto dealerships from this campaign in the next six months.
HK-Based Industrial Supplier Widens Market Lead with Callbox’s Help
Since 1988, the Client has been providing custom decorative building materials throughout Southeast Asia and Australia. Its products include colored stainless steel, decorative glass films, elevator decoration modules, and stainless steel fabrication. The company primarily sells to architects, designers, contractors, property developers, construction suppliers, and other industrial vendors in the region.
The Client says it relies on two key advantages to attract customers and set its products apart from competitors:
1. First is its broad sales and service network across the region, which enables prompt supply and delivery.
2. Second, the Client focuses on design customizability, so that products are tailor-made according to each customer’s specifications.
Before the campaign, the Client’s sales development model placed much of the prospecting and lead qualification burden on sales reps.
Sales was responsible for finding potential customers and booking introductory appointments with prospects, without much in the way of prior screening. Under this setup, the Client estimated that reps were spending less than a third of their time actually talking to prospects, which dragged down both sales productivity and the quality of the customer’s buying experience.
Accordingly, the company has been planning to reassign lead generation and appointment setting responsibilities to its marketing team, but this department is mostly staffed by creatives who are already on tight schedules churning out product materials and sales collaterals.
It was clear that the Client needed to outsource prospecting and lead qualification. But since the company was selling highly-customized products across different geographic markets, the Client wanted to partner with an agency that had both industry knowledge and regional experience.
• Completed successful appointment setting campaign that targeted prospects from key industries in six different APAC countries
• Helped the Client increase sales productivity by taking over most of its reps’ prospecting responsibilities time window
• Provided the Client with sales intelligence to make conversations with potential customers more relevant and personalized
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
After a thorough selection process, the Client chose Callbox as its outsourcing partner. Callbox had an extensive project portfolio of APAC campaigns carried out on behalf of manufacturers and industrial suppliers, including campaigns that covered the Client’s target countries.
Callbox and the Client worked out a three-month appointment setting campaign with the main goal of handing off qualified leads and appointments to the Client’s sales teams based in Australia, the Philippines, and Singapore.
The campaign ran for a total of three months (or 66 business days), with the first two months focusing on prospects in Australia, the Philippines and Singapore. During the third month, the campaign widened the target areas to include Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand.
Because Callbox follows a multi-touch, multi-channel appointment setting strategy, the first couple of weeks in this campaign are spent introducing the Client and warming up promising contacts through emails. Most appointments are generated after this initial phase, as shown in the monthly breakdown below (although the early outreach stage is repeated during the third month for the prospects in the additional target areas):
- Month 1: 14 qualified appointments
- Month 2: 22 qualified appointments
- Month 3: 12 qualified appointments
With the Client’s reps spending more time talking to qualified prospects, the company believes it can increase its lead-to-opportunity rate to 75% and its opportunity-to-close rate to 50%. Using these benchmarks, the Client expects to potentially convert 18 of the Callbox-generated appointments into new customers this year.
Telecom Firm’s Campaign Enters Next Phase, Grows Reach in New Segments
The Client currently has an ongoing appointment setting project with Callbox. As part of its 2018 marketing goals, the Client wants to double down on maritime satellite opportunities in Asia, as well as tap into additional EMEA markets.
This leg of the campaign focuses on the Client’s two Inmarsat Fleet One offerings. Inmarsat Fleet One Coastal covers data and voice services for smaller recreational and fishing boats sailing closer to shore, while Inmarsat Fleet One Global gives access to bundled data and voice anywhere in the world. Both solutions are ideal for commercial vessels and fleets with modest data requirements.
In the previous campaign phases, the emphasis was on potential resellers and end users of the Client’s land satellite services. Both the Client and the Callbox team picked up a great deal of insights about the target prospects and the overall market, which proved useful in refining the team’s campaign approach and the Client’s marketing strategy.
This time, as the focus shifts to maritime satellite communications, the new campaign’s main objective is to identify and qualify potential subscribers for its bundled Inmarsat services from shipping and maritime companies.
- Completed second phase of long-term appointment setting program with one of Asia’s largest telecom groups
- Laid groundwork for Client’s expansion into new maritime satellite markets in Asia and EMEA
- Maintained an average of 12 appointments each month and an SQL to MQL ratio of more than 90%
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The new campaign phase marks the 15th month of the Client’s partnership with Callbox. The Client says Callbox has become a key force multiplier of its marketing initiatives, greatly expanding the company’s reach and scope with multi-channel prospecting and research capabilities.
The updated plan consists of database profiling and phone-based conversations with prospects integrated with email touches.
1. The Client provided an in-house list of contacts to be profiled and refined by the Callbox team.
2. The targets include shipping and maritime companies in Asian and EMEA countries not directly covered by Inmarsat and VSAT.
3. The Callbox team used primary and desk research methods to verify and update each record, as well as added new contacts that match the target prospect profile.
The Client labeled a total of 245 prospects as SQLs, which represented over 90% of the 272 qualified appointments handed off.
The campaign ran from mid-January to August, representing seven months of appointment setting activities. Overall, the campaign delivered a total of 96 qualified appointments, of which 86 were accepted by the Client as sales-qualified leads (SQLs).
Taking into account the results from the first phase of Callbox’s appointment setting program with the Client (carried out from September 2016 to January 2018), both phases delivered a total of 272 qualified appointments. From these, the Client labeled a total of 245 prospects as SQLs, which represented over 90% of the appointments handed off.
These results also showed that the Callbox team was able to consistently deliver an average of 12 appointments each month, which exceeded the Client’s target of 10 monthly appointments.
Callbox Keeps EMR Firm’s Sales Reps Busy with Qualified Appointments
The Client sells its trademark high-performance ED software system to hospitals all over the United States and Canada. The browser-based application helps improve ED performance with a full suite of operational and management tools. It also provides interoperability with the hospital’s EMR and other healthcare information systems involved in the patient’s care.
The company’s main product enjoys significant brand equity, but as competition continues to tighten in the medical software space, the Client has adopted a more aggressive growth strategy.
This recent shift is starting to overstretch the company’s marketing and sales resources. Their inside sales team has consistently been unable to meet the new prospecting targets, especially in terms of call volumes, number of prospects reached, and early-stage conversions. The new strategy also reveals gaps in the Client’s marketing data, with record counts often falling short of campaign requirements.
That’s why the company wants to outsource the bulk of its prospecting activities to a third-party agency. These activities include initial outreach, lead qualification, desk research, data validation, and appointment setting.
The Client, however, requires a marketing partner that can seamlessly become part of its sales process. In particular, the company wants to hire a provider with deep domain knowledge of healthcare information systems in order to engage prospects better.
• Handled the bulk of
prospecting activities for widely-recognized medical software provider
• Exceeded Client’s expectations in terms of quantity and quality of appointments delivered, leading to long-term contract renewal
• Combined phone, email, and social media in a fully-integrated, highly-targeted
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox’s industry-specific, integrated appointment setting solutions placed it on top of the Client’s shortlist. But it was Callbox’s lengthy track record of launching successful campaigns for medical software companies that convinced the Client to choose Callbox as its marketing partner.
The Client originally signed up for a monthly appointment setting contract, but after four months opted for a full-year campaign, as the project consistently exceeded requirements in terms of quantity and quality of appointments. The campaign covered prospecting activities the Client wanted to farm out, including:
1. Callbox compiled and profiled the campaign contact list using the parameters specified by the Client.
2. The Callbox team also prepared the call script which included probing questions to qualify the prospect and set a follow-up meeting.
3. Contacts who agreed to a scheduled phone meeting with a Client’s rep were labeled as qualified appointments.
The campaign has now completed a total of four months’ worth of appointment setting activities and is currently in its 5th month.
Callbox’s multi-touch, multi-channel appointment setting programs typically devote the first couple of weeks to warming up and nurturing prospects. That’s why it’s not uncommon to see the opening two or so weeks generate mainly email or social media results:
• Email reply rate: 3.77%
• Email conversions: 7
• Linkedin connections: 234
• Linkedin groups: 15
It’s only after the first couple of weeks that the campaign generated appointments in earnest, as shown below
The campaign has so far delivered a total of 91 qualified appointments. While the Client hasn’t disclosed how many of these meetings their reps can send proposals to or how many they expect to turn into customers, the Client is very impressed with both the quantity and quality of appointments generated. In fact, the Client has recently signed a full-year contract with Callbox
Cloud Consulting Firm’s Sales Outlook Drifts Higher with Callbox
The Client’s core mission is to help companies implement and optimize Microsoft Dynamics AX and CRM applications. It sells its services primarily to large- and mid-sized businesses in verticals such as distribution, manufacturing, and professional services.
The company recently refocused its marketing initiatives toward growing the customer base for its three industry-specific modules: industrial, professional services, and AX users. Part of its new customer acquisition strategy called for targeting prospects throughout the U.S via outbound channels.
Being a small company (with only 35 employees), the Client clearly needed some outside help carrying out many of its marketing activities. Past experience has taught the company that its small team of in-house sales reps was best deployed following up qualified leads and nurturing opportunities, instead of spending a great deal of their time prospecting.
Once the company finalized its requirements, the Client began looking for a potential outsourcing partner that could:
1. Identify accounts that fit the target customer profile for each of the Client’s three modules
2. Qualify contacts for each identified account by gauging purchase intent and solution fit
3. Collect additional prospect information to be used by its in-house reps
• Completed a 6-month US-wide appointment setting project for a leading enterprise cloud consulting firm
• Generated high-value sales appointments for conversion within the next 12 months
• Increased prospect quantity and quality by combining phone calls with emails and social media
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client chose Callbox at the suggestion of one of its partner IT companies. The Client pointed out that Callbox’s marketing experience in the enterprise cloud space was a deciding factor.
Callbox then put together a 6-month appointment setting program consisting of six monthly campaigns. Each campaign focused on a specific segment for the company’s three main modules. The entire project made use of live phone outreach integrated with email and social media activities.
The six campaigns ran for a total of six months. In each of the campaigns, a good part of the first half was spent warming up prospects and doing research. This meant that much of the initial campaign activities focused on email marketing and social media. For the entire project, emails and LinkedIn produced the following results:
• Email delivery rate: 99.4%
• Email open rate: Up to 38.3%
• Email reply rate: Up to 5.13%
• LinkedIn connections: 1,492
• LinkedIn groups: 144
• LinkedIn leads: 6
Live conversations with prospects generated the following results:
• 21 qualified appointments
• 2 completed leads
Most of these results were recorded during the closing stages of each campaign. The Client says that all 21 appointments meet their sales criteria, so they expect to convert around half (or 11) of these prospects within the next 6 to 12 months.
IT Security Provider Taps into APAC Markets with Callbox Campaign
The Client is looking to capture a huge part of the growing demand for smart cards and personal identification applications in the APAC region. In particular, the company aims to grow sales of its card printers/encoders and its ID card design software suite.
In line with this, the Client’s strategy calls for targeting organizations that issue cards to employees or members in order to position its solutions as an alternative to legacy systems or other secure identity brands. The value proposition for its products and services revolves around flexibility, scalability, reliability, security, and affordability.
Currently, the Client focuses on two key markets: Australia and the Philippines. Its target companies in Australia include golf clubs, yacht clubs, sailing clubs, football clubs, rugby clubs, and other organizations with regular members. For the Philippines, the Client wants to reach out to manufacturing and BPO companies.
This year, the Client has been moving more toward outsourcing marketing activities in the awareness stage of its sales funnel. The company wants its in-house team to concentrate on nurturing and following up opportunities, while letting a third-party agency do much of the prospecting and lead generation heavy-lifting.
Aside from delivering cost savings and productivity gains, the Client requires its marketing partner to have deep familiarity with its target markets and must be able to effectively communicate its value proposition.
- Carried out a successful appointment setting campaign for a leading IT security company
- Met all campaign objectives by the end of the project
- Delivered highly-qualified sales opportunities and actionable marketing intelligence
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client selected Callbox after a thorough evaluation process, citing Callbox’s proven track record of successfully managing campaigns for complex-sale IT products in the APAC region.
Representatives from the Client and Callbox then hammered out a campaign plan whose main goal was to engage prospects via live phone conversations enhanced with email and other channels. The primary focus of each touch point was to sell the benefits of the Client’s secure card printer/encoder and ID personalization uite in order to book an appointment with a rep from the Client.
The campaign ran for 3 months and generated a total of 82 qualified appointments (SQLs) and 104 completed leads (MQLs). The bulk of these appointments and leads were produced during the latter half of the campaign, since much of the first half was spent warming up prospects and collecting additional information.
In addition to leads and appointments, the campaign also gathered vital marketing intelligence for the Client. The Callbox team uncovered which security identity brands were in use, prospects’ feedback on these brands, and reasons for sticking with the status quo.
Since the 82 appointments handed off by the Callbox team are highly qualified sales opportunities, the Client believes it can convert 20% to 30% (15 to 25) of these SQLs into customers within the next three months.
Big Tech Brand Reaps Rewards from Long-term Partnership with Callbox
Marketing in complex-sale verticals, such as IT and manufacturing, carries a special set of challenges. The conversion funnel is usually longer and nonlinear, and the process requires connecting with multiple decision-makers. That’s on top of the relatively steep learning curve needed to understand and communicate what the product or service brings.
For the Client, these form the basic requirements when teaming up with third-party agencies that handle part of their marketing programs. The company combines inbound efforts (mainly done in-house) with outbound tactics (mostly outsourced to providers). Prospecting and lead generation are the activities that the Client typically delegates to an outside marketing company.
The Client recently decided to look for a new marketing partner as part of its renewed focus on Southeast Asia. The company needed an outbound agency with the scope to help it cover new segments in its target areas ((Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam), as well as the scale to generate prospects from companies in its target industries.
More importantly, the Client wanted a lead generation company they could work with on a long-term basis. This would accelerate deployment of campaigns and keep the messaging more consistent.
• Launched a long-term marketing partnership with one of Asia’s biggest tech brands
• Helped the Client reach event turnout targets
• Handed off high-potential sales appointments
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client reviewed proposals sent by Callbox and two other marketing agencies. All three had considerable experience managing companies’ APAC campaigns, but Callbox was able to provide case studies and references showing projects with longer-term commitments. The Client placed a great deal of emphasis on this key differentiator and signed up with Callbox.
The project kicked off a few weeks before a company-sponsored event. The Callbox team worked closely with the Client to put together a call-to-invite campaign aimed at boosting turnout:
1. The event revolved around driving awareness and generating leads for its SAP services and solutions.
2. The target attendees mainly consisted of decision-makers in IT, Operations, and Finance from Singapore-based manufacturing firms. The Client wanted to focus on companies not using SAP Business One.
3. Once Client approved the call list and campaign materials, Callbox then launched a one-month (22-day) call-to-invite campaign.
Callbox Ensured Success For
Health Care Provider
The Client is unique not because they are a major health insurance provider but because their target customers are those who can hardly afford to get a good health insurance package for themselves. The Client did not start the company just for business reasons but was inspired to revolutionize the health insurance platform based on their personal experience – the loss of loved ones due to high healthcare costs.
Competition was tough so the Client opted to employ a lead generation company that has the expertise and tools needed to reach their targets – Callbox.
• Callbox’s Customer Profiling campaign built a strong database for the Client
• Most active contacts were filtered via the Pipeline Lead Nurture Tool
• Callbox’s Smart Calling system factored in generating the most qualified prospects for the Client
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
1. The Client, although a startup in the healthcare industry, did not hesitate to explore all marketing strategies that would help them achieve their goals. Callbox helped them build a robust database
2. With the use of the Pipeline Lead Nurture tool, the Callbox team sent initial copies of the Client’s unique healthcare products and services.
3. The copies contained an overview of the Client’s company information, downloadable PDFs of products and services, and a query box that redirects to the Client’s inbox, for them to be answered immediately.
4. The Callbox team on the other hand, tracked and saved active responses like opened emails, website visits, clicked links and queries for follow-up calls.
5. Invalid emails (bounces) and contact details were updated upon speaking with the prospect.
The first week of calling stored up much qualified contacts as the Customer Profiling campaign progressed which generated 5 office appointments. The following second and third weeks consecutively generated 6 and 8 appointments and 10 in the fourth week (3 of which were phone appointments), bringing a total of 29 appointments for the first month.
Weeks five to eight met a slight decline in the number of appointments with 25 office meetings and 2 phone meetings, 27 in total for the second month.
The final term however recouped more than what was lost in the second term, closing the campaign with a total of 37 appointments (32 office and 5 phone meetings).
Callbox Gives HR Consulting
Client Base a Boost
Started in 2014 as a joint venture between a pioneering European cross-cultural training company and a top Southeast Asian HR solutions provider, the Client has built and grown a customer portfolio of over 150 multinational companies in various industries across Asia. The customer enjoys a clear lead in the region’s market for intercultural management training services.
But with a spate of new entrants seen to come into the growing market in the next 3 to 5 years, the Client has recently followed a more active strategic direction to protect and enlarge its market share. An important component of the new growth strategy emphasizes direct and targeted outreach to prospects in industries with high potential.
Having little outbound experience of their own, the Client needed some outside expertise to achieve many aspects of its goals. In particular, the company faced three key marketing challenges that made working with a third-party provider a more viable option:
1. Identifying the right prospects to contact in the Client’s target industries and companies
2. Qualifying and booking sales meetings with prospects that fit the target buyer profile
3. Gathering additional marketing intelligence to be used further along the sales cycle
• Launched a successful SG-wide appointment setting campaign for an HR consulting/training firm
• Leveraged live conversations with prospects reinforced with touch points via emails
• Handed off highly qualified appointments and delivered critical sales intelligence
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client partnered with Callbox after a stringent RFP process, pointing to the latter’s substantial roster of satisfied customers in Singapore as a key differentiator. The Callbox team then worked alongside representatives from the Client to plan out the objectives, activities, and timelines for an integrated appointment setting campaign.
The overall strategy centered on engaging prospects through targeted calls complemented by timely email touch points. The Client wanted the campaign
to focus only on companies operating in Singapore and excluded firms providing consulting and training services.
Some campaign activities that contributed to its success were:
1. Callbox performed a thorough data profiling program prior to starting the campaign. The team compiled a database of the key contacts from companies in the included industries. The Client then reviewed and approved the profiled list.
2. Agents contacted every prospect on the approved list. Probing questions identified fit and interest with the Client’s intercultural management training courses. Prospects who agreed to a face-to-face meeting with a consultant from the Client were tagged as qualified appointments.
3. The team used emails extensively for introduction, follow-up, and targeted send-outs throughout the campaign.
The campaign ran for a total of 104 days. As is typical with Callbox’s multi-channel appointment setting programs, the first couple of weeks were spent initiating contact and nurturing prospects. The number of sales appointments only began picking up near the end of the first month.
The 3-month campaign produced a total of 51 qualified appointments in the following order:
Month 1: 14 qualified appointments
Month 2: 15 qualified appointments
Month 3: 22 qualified appointments
Based on past performance, the Client expects to send proposals to around 80% of qualified face-to-face sales meetings and close anywhere between 15% to 30% of opportunities. That means the campaign can potentially add as much as 12 more deals into their customer portfolio within the next sales cycle, an increase of 8% in its current customer base.