The Client provides managed IT and IT consulting services to manufacturing, industrial, food and beverage, and media organizations throughout the United States. The company specializes in IT support, advisory, cloud, procurement, and networking solutions.
Callbox has been a key partner in the Client’s customer acquisition program for nearly a decade now, outsourcing much of its prospecting activities and receiving the bulk of its outbound leads and appointments from the former carried out regularly throughout each year.
When Callbox implemented an account-based appointment setting process, the Client was among the first to adopt the strategy, and apparently among the first to benefit from it in acquiring new business.
With ABM, the Client aimed to capture high-value deals by engaging multiple contacts in an organization. According to the Client, they’ve observed that IT buying decisions now have to pass through different layers of decision makers. Oftentimes this means reps need to speak to multiple roles within the target company just to get their foot in the door.
The Callbox Solution
Callbox and the Client worked out a detailed plan for a six-month account-based appointment setting campaign which applied Callbox’s proven multi-touch, multi-channel outreach capabilities to connect with multiple relevant IT purchase stakeholders in the target accounts. The campaign consisted of:
- Multi-Channel Lead Management via Voice, Email, Chat, Web, Social Media, and Webinar
- Sales Enablement & Support that covered Team Training, Account Setup, and Back Office Sales Support
- Tools & Subscriptions to Callbox Pipeline and HubSpot CRM
- Account Management with Strategy Building, Reporting, and Product Knowledge
- The Callbox team was to help them initiate the ABM process, so that their reps could focus on moving the sales conversation forward.
- Callbox was also to conduct market research, account selection, account profiling, and targeted outreach.
- Set meetings with interested prospects for the Client sales reps
Account Research and Selection
- Callbox helped analyze and refine the Client’s ideal customer profile (ICP) that served as the basis for identifying which companies to include as target accounts.
- The Client indicated specific industries, annual revenues, employee size, technologies in use, and other business characteristics that their best-fit accounts had.
- Callbox then compiled a list of potential accounts to target, which was reviewed and approved by the Client.
Account and Prospect Profiling
- The Client provided buyer persona profiles of prospects they want the outbound campaign to engage. The profiles consisted of detailed demographic and firmographic descriptions.
- Two buyer personas were designated as the campaign’s primary targets: mid-level IT managers and C-level IT decision makers.
- The master contact list was segmented based on these two personas and further grouped according to industry, business size, and technologies in use.
Multi-touch, Multi-channel Outreach
- The campaign combined phone, email, LinkedIn, and PPC channels to maximize engagement with the target prospects.
- The touches were carried out based on a combination of automated lead nurturing and interactions with live agents.
- Messaging (used in scripts, email copies, page content, ad copies, etc.) was tailored according to the buyer personas and contact segments.
The Account-based Marketing Lead Generation campaign produced a total of 89 Sales Qualified Leads, and 134 Marketing Qualified Leads.
Since the qualified appointments represented best-fit, highly-interested opportunities, the Client expected to convert the bulk of these into new accounts, though they did not specify their forecast.
The Client continues to have Callbox as a marketing partner. Currently, Callbox is running a new six-month account-based appointment setting campaign for the Client.