How does one motivate an employee? For any manager or business owner, this is a very important concern. When it comes to productivity, motivation can mean a lot.
This is the drive, the push, which compels people to bring out their best. In terms of certain operation segments, like in lead generation, this could be the decisive factor to ensuring a company’s continued productivity. Without it, your business would lack some serious gas in terms of generating more B2B leads. But how does one find the motivation to keep going? What are the things that you should be doing in order to better perform in at work?
- Have a sense of purpose – it is important that you know what you should be doing and what it means for the company as a whole. Sure, you may be in the rank and file, or maybe your part in the appointment setting process is small, but there is a reason why you are there. Accepting that you have a purpose can help give you a sense of perspective for the company.
- Have a sense of responsibility – most people would mistake it for taking credit for success and accepting blame for failures. Not at all. Here, being responsible means taking an active role in doing the next step in the marketing process. Too often, potentially profitable sales leads are lost because a marketer was waiting too long for the rest of the team to get moving.
- Have a sense of immediacy – in marketing, perfection is the exception, not the norm. For you to successfully capture your market, you need to make it into the market fast. There is no other alternative for that. Why is it there are dry-runs and concept displays being done by businesses? It is because they want to introduce the product or service first, to establish a lead.
- Have a sense of good health – a lot of workaholics would say they do not have time for this, but having a healthy diet is crucial in the long-term productivity of your body. Remember, your health will determine your fitness at work. If you are sick all the time, then your work performance will suffer and bring you and your company down.
- Have a sense of proper companions – the thing about having colleagues and people working with you is to foster a sense of collaboration and creativity. Without such external sources of inspiration, or if all the people with you are just wasting your telemarketing time and effort, then you will not be getting any good results soon.
That is how it is. It also helps if you can find a mentor who can show you the ropes in marketing, but if you have a good start with the five mentioned above, then you would have less problems in your lead generation campaign. You just need to put some fuel in the drive of your people, and they will take care of the rest for you.