Multi-Channel Marketing Process is a way of communicating via different online and offline channels. It runs through a marketing automation tool that converges calling, sending emails, social networking, web, and mobile into a single yet most effective marketing tactic.
Let’s find out what comprises multi-channel marketing success.
The calling channel pipes in live conversations between you and your target customer.
- 92% of all customer interactions happen over the phone
- 80% of sales require 5 follow-up calls after the meeting; 44% of sales reps give up after 1 follow-up
- It takes an average of 8 cold call attempts to reach a prospect
Related: Watch on- Demand: 5 Times Telemarketing Can Get You More Leads and Sales
The email is the most exhausted among other marketing channels. Most marketers now have the automation tools to send custom emails in a scheduled manner so it’s easier and even more convenient.
- 65% B2B marketers planning to increase email spending (eMarketer)
- Companies who send automated emails are 133% more likely to send relevant messages that correspond with a customer’s purchase cycle. (Lenskold and Pedowitz Groups)
- Automated email messages average 70.5% higher open rates and 152% higher click-through rates than “business as usual” marketing messages. (Epsilon Email Institute)
Related: 5 Ways To Strengthen Your Email Marketing Campaign
The social media channel is where businesses can greatly build themselves up, and connect and interact with their target customers that marketers can jump in and ride on, but which one best fits their customer’s buying journey, is a question:
- 78% of salespeople using social media outsell their peers (thebrevetgroup.com)
- 90% of young adults—ages 18 to 29—use social media (compared to just 35% of those over age 65).
- Fully a third of millennials say social media is one of their preferred channels for communicating with businesses. (business2community.com)
- 80% of marketers use “likes” and “shares” or what we call “vanity metrics” as primary success metric; 56% base social success on website traffic. (business2community.com)
Related: Using Social Signals to Spot Sales-Ready Leads
The website provides you with opportunities to attract target customers by having a broad online presence through SEO and inbound traffic:
- 2.35% Median click-through rate for Google Adwords (Wordstream)
- 42% Share of QR code scanners who are under age 35 (Scanlife)
- 40% Marketers ranking paid search as the best channel to drive online sale, ahead of online display (26%) and social media (18%). (eConsultancy/Adobe)
Related: 15 Brilliant Web Design Hacks That Convert Traffic into Leads
The mobile channel appears to be largely impacting today’s generation’s buying habits.
- 97% text messages opened within three minutes of receipt (Nielsen Mobile)
- One out of every three clicks within an email occurs on a mobile device. (Campaign Monitor)
- It is more common for a reader’s second open to being on a mobile device than it is on a different device: 70% will stick with their mobile device, and 30% will go elsewhere. (Campaign Monitor)