Telecom Firm’s Campaign Enters Next Phase, Grows Reach in New Segments
The Client currently has an ongoing appointment setting project with Callbox. As part of its 2018 marketing goals, the Client wants to double down on maritime satellite opportunities in Asia, as well as tap into additional EMEA markets.
This leg of the campaign focuses on the Client’s two Inmarsat Fleet One offerings. Inmarsat Fleet One Coastal covers data and voice services for smaller recreational and fishing boats sailing closer to shore, while Inmarsat Fleet One Global gives access to bundled data and voice anywhere in the world. Both solutions are ideal for commercial vessels and fleets with modest data requirements.
In the previous campaign phases, the emphasis was on potential resellers and end users of the Client’s land satellite services. Both the Client and the Callbox team picked up a great deal of insights about the target prospects and the overall market, which proved useful in refining the team’s campaign approach and the Client’s marketing strategy.
This time, as the focus shifts to maritime satellite communications, the new campaign’s main objective is to identify and qualify potential subscribers for its bundled Inmarsat services from shipping and maritime companies.
- Completed second phase of long-term appointment setting program with one of Asia’s largest telecom groups
- Laid groundwork for Client’s expansion into new maritime satellite markets in Asia and EMEA
- Maintained an average of 12 appointments each month and an SQL to MQL ratio of more than 90%
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The new campaign phase marks the 15th month of the Client’s partnership with Callbox. The Client says Callbox has become a key force multiplier of its marketing initiatives, greatly expanding the company’s reach and scope with multi-channel prospecting and research capabilities.
The updated plan consists of database profiling and phone-based conversations with prospects integrated with email touches.
1. The Client provided an in-house list of contacts to be profiled and refined by the Callbox team.
2. The targets include shipping and maritime companies in Asian and EMEA countries not directly covered by Inmarsat and VSAT.
3. The Callbox team used primary and desk research methods to verify and update each record, as well as added new contacts that match the target prospect profile.
The Client labeled a total of 245 prospects as SQLs, which represented over 90% of the 272 qualified appointments handed off.
The campaign ran from mid-January to August, representing seven months of appointment setting activities. Overall, the campaign delivered a total of 96 qualified appointments, of which 86 were accepted by the Client as sales-qualified leads (SQLs).
Taking into account the results from the first phase of Callbox’s appointment setting program with the Client (carried out from September 2016 to January 2018), both phases delivered a total of 272 qualified appointments. From these, the Client labeled a total of 245 prospects as SQLs, which represented over 90% of the appointments handed off.
These results also showed that the Callbox team was able to consistently deliver an average of 12 appointments each month, which exceeded the Client’s target of 10 monthly appointments.