L.A. Physician Streamlines Back Office Ops in Ongoing 11-Year Partnership with Callbox
The Client has been working with a virtual assistant (VA) from Callbox since 2007. The VA handles a number of back office and administrative responsibilities, including various data processing, bookkeeping, and other office support tasks.
A key hurdle that the Client faced early in the outsourced program was to ensure seamless integration of the remote workload into the practice’s internal processes. This was particularly crucial since the Client’s office had been using a diverse set of tools to carry out many of the admin activities in-house prior to partnering with Callbox.
Another critical challenge that occasionally surfaced throughout the 11-year partnership was the need to quickly modify the outsourced workflow in response to the Client’s changing requirements. For example, when the Client’s affiliate health center began expanding its patient base, some key steps in the internal processes had to be significantly readapted.
Since the Client’s schedule changes from time to time, the Client also expects a high level of flexibility and availability from the remote assistant.
• Assigned a dedicated virtual assistant to handle back office and admin tasks for a Los Angeles-based medical practice
• Ensured high degree of fit in terms of relevant skills, proficiency in medical back office tools, and continuous availability
• Contributed to process improvement and quality of patient care throughout the ongoing long-term outsourcing partnership
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
From a pool of candidates who had extensive background in medical administrative and support roles, Callbox provided the Client a virtual assistant with a high level of proficiency in many of the back office tools that the Client was using. Some of the tools included:
- Yahoo Business Email/Yahoo Calendar
- Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- RingCentral (phone, messaging, and video conferencing)
- Password Managers
Selecting the assistant based on relevant experience significantly shortened the learning curve and enabled smooth deployment. Callbox also provided ample opportunities and incentives for continuous improvement. This helped the designated virtual assistant continually increase efficiency and productivity across multiple tasks, such as:
- Recording transactions on QuickBooks
- Submission of credentialing applicationfor Medicare, Medi-Cal and other insurance provider
- Managing the practice’s disbursements and payables
- Processing the practice’s licenses, permits, and other requirements
- Updating and processing CRM records
- Carrying out specialized desk research
- Handling email communications
- Providing phone support
- Creating and posting online ads
Callbox also arranged holiday and sick cover for the assigned virtual assistant to minimize disruptions and ensure availability.
The Client mentions that Callbox’s virtual assistant has helped streamline and improve the practice’s operations.
Not only has the outsourced assistant made the Client’s back office processes more efficient and helped the practice cut costs, but the outsourced arrangement also frees up time and resources which allows the Client to devote more attention to patient care. This is the main reason why the Client continues to choose Callbox as an outsourcing partner.