B2B Logistics Brand Seals $6M in New Deals from Callbox Campaign
With over 40 years in the business, the Client has already established a reputation as a leading logistics provider in most of the segments it operates in.
The company has recently been ramping up its presence in the “last mile” delivery market. This was marked by a series of specialized logistics services rolled out during the last three years, which were aimed at helping traditional retailers and ecommerce companies streamline their home delivery operations.
To support its push into the U.S. home delivery space, the Client had put together a full-spectrum marketing plan. The primary strategy combined a number of digital and outbound channels deployed throughout their conversion funnel.
During planning, the Client had also decided to divide the marketing activities between its internal team and an outside marketing agency. A third-party vendor would handle most of the early-stage prospecting and lead generation activities, while the company’s in-house agents took care of activities further down the funnel.
Specifically, the Client wanted the outside marketing firm to carry out the following roles:
- Look for retail businesses with a strong fit
- Contact key persons in charge of logistics and home delivery operations
- Screen them further with additional qualifying requirements
- Schedule qualified contacts for an introductory meeting
- Completed a highly successful US-wide appointment setting campaign for a B2B logistics provider
- Maximized engagement and conversions through a combination of phone, email, LinkedIn, and AdWords touch points
- Enabled Client to improve presence in new market segment with 3 new sales deals worth $6 million, plus other high-value opportunities in the pipeline
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
After reviewing a handful of potential providers, the Client chose to partner with Callbox. The Client pointed out Callbox’s track record of successfully carrying out marketing campaigns for other B2B logistics companies as one of the main factors behind their decision.
Taking the Client’s requirements into careful consideration, Callbox then hammered out a plan for a three-month appointment setting campaign which the Client reviewed and approved.
Finding best-fit companies and key decision makers
- The Client specified retail and ecommerce businesses that sell furniture, electronics, and appliances all over the United States as the main companies to target.
- Decision makers in charge of logistics operations, home delivery operations, and order fulfillment were identified as the ideal prospects to contact.
- Callbox obtained contact and other key information from its in-house database and through additional research.
Reaching out and engaging prospects
- The Callbox team engaged the target decision makers through a combination of email, phone, social media, and web touch points.
- Targeted emails and one-on-one phone conversations provided direct outreach capabilities.
- Social media (primarily through LinkedIn) and online marketing (mainly Google AdWords) enabled more opportunities to connect with prospects.
Nurturing and converting opportunities
- Each touch point with a prospect was scheduled and triggered based on a defined lead nurturing cadence.
- Prospects who agreed to a phone or face-to-face meeting with the Client’s sales reps were tagged as qualified appointments (sales-qualified leads, SQLs).
- Callbox Pipeline CRM served as the campaign hub where the Client and campaign team managed and executed the project.
The three-month campaign’s results exceeded most of the engagement and conversion KPIs set during the planning phase. Results on a per-channel basis include:
- Phone: 17% decision maker reach
- Email: 15% open rate, 11% reply rate
- LinkedIn: 44% connection acceptance rate, 34% InMail reply rate
- AdWords: 4% click-through rate, 7.3% conversion rate
In terms of overall prospecting results, the campaign delivered a total of 83 qualified appointments (sales-qualified leads or SQLs) and 48 completed leads (marketing-qualified leads or MQLs).
The Client was able to close 3 new customers worth $6 million from the generated SQLs while the campaign was still ongoing. The company expects to win more deals from the qualified appointments handed over by Callbox within the next couple of months.
The Client was very satisfied with the results of the three-month campaign that they decided to partner with Callbox for their upcoming campaigns. In fact, at time of writing, the Client is in the middle of a new Callbox appointment setting project for one of their other logistics solutions.