by: Jan Loyola
Phone applications are not just for checking your emails, sending tweets, reading ebooks, editing pictures, posting statuses on Facebook and checking in to your current location. Now, phone applications can also be used to promote your business through the one channel you never thought you would use your smartphone for – direct mail marketing.
QuantumDigital has recently released an application that helps small businesses to promote themselves through direct marketing by sending out real postcards to potential sales leads’ physical addresses whenever they are in the immediate vicinity. Named the “QuantumCard”, it makes use of location-based marketing technology, a feature popularized by 2011 Technology Pioneer app FourSquare. This app was designed with real estate agents, on-the-go professionals and small businesses particularly in mind.
Here’s how it works:
To begin sending your postcards and generate sales leads immediately, place your order for your custom postcard through your iphone or android phone by following these simple steps:
- Either you take a photo using your iphone or android phone’s camera or choose an existing image from your image library;
- You then customize by adding a personal message, image, company logo, your contact information, and/or a QR code at the back of the postcard;
- Choose the mailing list from your mobile device or use the iPhone’s GPS feature coupled with QuantumDigital’s proprietary neighborhood mapping technology to send the postcards to potential sales leads in your current location;
- Review your mailing list through an interactive map or address list;
- Enter your payment option at check-out, where you can also choose to have a copy of your postcard sent to yourself;
- Your sales prospects will receive your postcards the next business day!
Whoever said phone applications are only for social networking and inbound marketing? Clearly, this easy to use app proves otherwise as it provides an accessible channel for direct marketing, on-the-go.
This app would be great for when you want to alert your existing customers when your business opens up a new branch in another area or state. You can take a picture of yourself standing next to your new store and use the image for the front side of your postcard. You can also use the app to advertise local special events, store promotions, new real estate listings, or simply inform the local community that you’re in town. By using the geolocation capability, you can easily market your brand to the locals and generate new direct sales leads immediately.