by: Jan Loyola
Right at this moment, hundreds of blogs are being created around the world. Consequently, hundreds of blogs are also being abandoned by amateur bloggers, distracted internet entrepreneurs, and failed small companies. There are various reasons for this, the most common of which include not having enough time to continue writing on the blog and not getting enough sales lead traffic anymore to make that blog profitable. The former can be easily remedied by outsourcing your content to an experienced writer or inviting guest bloggers, but the latter is a bit trickier to resolve.
Now that you’ve started your own blog for an online business or company website, the least you want to happen is to have it become a forgotten piece of memorabilia for those distant times when you were still considered an up-and-coming online celebrity. While releasing new products and services on a regular basis will help prevent this, those businesses who have only one product might have a difficult time keeping their blogs updated.
The following are a just few of the many great things you can do to make and keep your blog interesting and valuable so that new sales leads keep coming. Doing these things will also help in keeping your existing clients engaged. Some of these tips are much easier than the others, while some require a bit more effort on your part.
- To find new information about your topics online, use Google Alerts. This can be customized to deliver weekly, daily, or “as it happens” alerts.
- Join forums that your sales leads frequent and that relate to your niche.
- As much as possible, reply to all comments made on your blog to make it more dynamic.
- An occasional post about your personal life would be appreciated by your avid readers, but…
- Remember to stay within your niche at all times so that you don’t confuse search engines and your customers.
- Interview relevant personalities or organizations in your niche and post it in your blog.
- Post interesting yet relevant polls for your readers to answer.
- Ask your readers about topics they would like you to write about.
- Schedule a webinar, podcast, or live chat with your readers and post about the outcome of the event on your blog.
- Share your sales leads’ success stories.
- Organize blog contests for your loyal customers and visiting sales leads.
- Change the design of your blog and make it more interesting, attractive, interactive and mobile-friendly.
- Use Spell Check for all your content just to be sure.
- Use short URLs to make your posts more accessible.
- Use photos, videos or audio to make your posts more interesting.
There are so many other ways that you can do to keep your blog fresh. Remember, your blog may play an important part in finding qualified leads for your business, but it is just one part of your sales leads generation plan. Don’t forget to make sure that your other marketing strategies are also working properly.