by: Jan Loyola
Professional marketers deliver great benefits for your business. According to a post from business2community.com, professional marketers do not only bring objectivity to your marketing plans, they also help:
- remove the burden of thinking about creative ideas
- they create effective, compelling copy
- they aren’t affected by company emergencies so they can maintain deadlines
- and they are relatively cheaper compared to managing everything yourself
When you look at these benefits, you will most certainly become convinced that professional marketers are a much needed asset of your company. Having one on board is sure to improve your sales or business lead generation campaigns. But then the first question that enters your mind is “how can I find a reliable, experienced and skilled marketer?” This is of course a legitimate question when we’re talking about professional marketers. To help you find the best marketer for your business, here are a few tips that you can use to narrow down your search:
- Self-marketing – it’s obvious that a professional marketer should be well-marketed himself. If he has a lot of clients and asks if you can wait, that’s a good sign that he has no problem finding business leads for himself. If, on the other hand, he doesn’t even show up on Google’s first few pages, then that’s a serious red flag.
- Finished projects – he may be popular and all, but you need to make sure that he can still deliver. If he is too busy finding business leads for himself that he fails to complete projects, then you are better off with someone else.
- Quality of projects - OK, so let’s say he does complete marketing campaigns and delivers business leads as promised. Don’t hire him yet. You still have to check the quality of his work. Are his strategies suited for your business model? Do his marketing plans appeal to you? If his strategies are too focused on a specific niche which is entirely different from yours, then he might not have the experience to do marketing for your company.
- Professional credentials – while most great marketers are self-made, it’s still wise to check the background of your potential marketer. His references should be reputable. A solid – yet authentic – resume is always a good sign.
- Team player - now that your potential marketer has passed the initial qualifications, you have to check if he does well with a team. While he will mostly do the marketing himself, he might still need to work with your existing email marketing team or your outsourced telemarketing team. He must be able to adapt his strategies to utilize existing resources so that the marketing process is most profitable.
By following these five tips when you look for your professional marketer, you can be sure to hire a profitable and highly effective lead generation marketer.